News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Air McNair also DEAD

Started by Suu, July 05, 2009, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Did he play for Chicago?  No?  Then The Good Reverend is not concerned.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Da6s

Someone didn't get the memo that gangland shootings in tennessee only occur in Memfrica.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Da6s on July 05, 2009, 07:56:59 PM
Someone didn't get the memo that gangland shootings in tennessee only occur in Memfrica.

In where?   :|

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2009, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: Da6s on July 05, 2009, 07:56:59 PM

In where?   :|

Bump.

The Good Reverend Roger

Never mind, looked it up myself:

Quote1.    Memfrica    

Proper Noun: A combination of Memphis (Tennessee, USA) and Africa (the well-known continent). This pejorative term is a generalization and based upon the poorer (and often dangerous) African-American neighborhoods which form a subset of the city.

Great.  So Dag6 is another Dr Cowass.  You know, I was just saying we needed another shameless fucking bigot here.

Da6s

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2009, 09:10:04 PM
Never mind, looked it up myself:

Quote1.    Memfrica    

Proper Noun: A combination of Memphis (Tennessee, USA) and Africa (the well-known continent). This pejorative term is a generalization and based upon the poorer (and often dangerous) African-American neighborhoods which form a subset of the city.

Great.  So Dag6 is another Dr Cowass.  You know, I was just saying we needed another shameless fucking bigot here.

First one I ever heard that term from was from Memphis. It is apparently what the locals refer to it as.

It goes Memfrica, Cashville, Chattown, and Knoxvegas.

There's your Tennesseean trivia for the day.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Da6s

I wouldn't call knowing where bullets tend to fly and avoiding said area at all cost being a "shameless fucking bigot", but I guess there is a fine line between self preservation and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Da6s on July 05, 2009, 09:16:02 PM

I wouldn't call knowing where bullets tend to fly and avoiding said area at all cost being a "shameless fucking bigot", but I guess there is a fine line between self preservation and hate.

Of course you wouldn't.  And "memfrica" is a perfectly valid term.

:lulz:

Fucking knuckle-dragger.

Suu

What you said had racial connotations, that's what he's referring to, fucktard. So what if you heard it from someone from Memphis? You shouldn't have repeated it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on July 05, 2009, 09:21:02 PM
What you said had racial connotations, that's what he's referring to, fucktard. So what if you heard it from someone from Memphis? You shouldn't have repeated it.

The difference between a guy who creates/spreads a racist term, and the guy who merely repeats it, is the same difference as that between a "Grand Wizard" and a regular Klansman.

Suu

You know? I have an order for 8 tunics for someone who calls himself a "wizard", fortunately, none of them are white, or I would have sent his money back so fucking fast.

Da6s

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2009, 09:22:23 PM

The difference between a guy who creates/spreads a racist term, and the guy who merely repeats it, is the same difference as that between a "Grand Wizard" and a regular Klansman.

And I'm sure pointing out that my great aunt still has my great uncle's father's hood and rope in her closet wouldn't change anything.

I guess the fact that the term has no racial connotation to me matters little. I just know it as what the locals know it as.

Suu

Quote from: Da6s on July 05, 2009, 09:25:05 PM

And I'm sure pointing out that my great aunt still has my great uncle's father's hood and rope in her closet wouldn't change anything.

No, it just goes to show that ignorance and bigotry are hereditary.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Da6s on July 05, 2009, 09:25:05 PM

I guess the fact that the term has no racial connotation to me matters little. I just know it as what the locals know it as.

Thanks for your input, Bubba.