News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Birther Refuses to Report for Duty

Started by Iason Ouabache, July 14, 2009, 08:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/1139969.html

QuoteU.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is seeking a federal court order to stall and eventually prevent an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia — Cook's California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, asks the court to consider granting his client's request based upon Cook's belief that President Barrack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of U.S Armed Forces.

Cook further states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President's command, and that Plaintiff would thus be simultaneously unable to perform his duties in good Rule 65(b) Application for Temporary Restraining Order 22 conscience and yet be simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

I hope he enjoys his Court Martial.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

STOP LOVING TERRORISM KENYA AND HATING AMERICA

Iason Ouabache

For some fun, you could go gawk at the Freepers take on this:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2290351/posts

And there is this excellent comment from Fark:

Quotenetweavr: Mom: Kid, you failed Political Science.
Kid: No, mom I totally passed that class.
Mom: This report card says you failed.
Kid: Nah, it's a mistake. Ask the school.
Mom: I called the school and talked to the teacher they said you failed.
Kid: No way, I demand to see the report card!
Mom: It's right here!
Kid: No, the real report card kept in the school's records.
Mom: The school can't give that out, that's why we get this copy. I already called the school and they said there was no error, you failed.
Kid: The copy isn't the real thing, I passed. Until you get the true scotsman, you can't say I failed.
Mom: *facepalm*

:lulz:
    \

Cain

This quote from freeperville just sums it all up:

QuoteI think Fox is waiting for the evidence to surface along with some court rulings before they touch it.Sounds whimpy of them though

Yeah, what "whimps", relying on evidence like that (makes a nice change from their SOP).  What sort of faggot waits for proof before asserting stupid shit like that, huh?

Edit: if the Freepers are to be believed, then this guy is a member of theirs.

Iason Ouabache

A couple of people on Fark said the same thing.  Here's the link:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2137832/posts#21

QuoteCount me in.

XXX@hotmail.com

Thanks.

V/R

MAJ Stefan F. Cook
    \

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

On one hand I would love to see Obama drop copies of his birth certificate all over the country like flyers over Nazi Germany.
On the other hand, it would deprive me of watching these people act like complete loons.

I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Iason Ouabache

Someone on Fark dug up his AKO info:

QuoteSummary
MAJ Stefan F. Cook first entered military service in 1978 at the US Air Force Academy and left the Air Force Academy 13 months later. There ensued a 9 year break in service. In 1987, he re-enlisted in the NJARNG as a Combat Engineer. In 1988 he enrolled in State OCS and was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant, Engineer Officer in 1990. From 1990 to 1997 he served as Bridge Company platoon leader, Assistant S3 at the 104th Engineer BN and upon the Battalions deactivation transferred to HQ State Area Command as a Staff Engineer. In 1997 he moved to Florida and transferred to the FLARNG also in State Area Command as a Staff Engineer.

In 1998, he transferred affiliation from FLARNG to the USAR (32nd Transportation Group) Tampa, FL as an assistant S3 Plans officer. In 2003, he moved into the IRR and gained a position as an IMA, Theater Contingency Engineer Manager (TCEM) in the Engineering Directorate at HQ USSOUTHCOM. In 2005, he was mobilized to HQUSSOUTHCOM as the SJFHQ Engineer Plans officer (J3). 6 months later, he moved back to the Engineer directorate as the Guantanamo Bay GWOT Engineer. In July of 2007 he demobilized and returned to the TCEM cell as Team Chief, CENTAM Region as an IMA.

Awards:
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M Device
Army Reserve Component Overseas Training Ribbon
Armed Forces Reserve Medal
Army Service Ribbon
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
National Defense Service Medal (2nd Award)
Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal (4th Award)
Joint Meritorious Unit Award (2nd Award)
Army Achievement Medal (2nd Award)
Joint Service Achievement Award
Defense Meritorious Service Medal

Interests and Hobbies
1st Degree Black Belt - AIKIDO, PADI Scuba Diving Instructor

Still seems extremely odd that someone smart enough to reach the rank of Major would do something as idiotic as this.
    \

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 14, 2009, 09:33:23 PM

QuoteSummary
MAJ Stefan F. Cook first entered military service in 1978 at the US Air Force Academy and left the Air Force Academy 13 months later. There ensued a 9 year break in service. In 1987, he re-enlisted in the NJARNG as a Combat Engineer. In 1988 he enrolled in State OCS and was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant, Engineer Officer in 1990. From 1990 to 1997 he served as Bridge Company platoon leader, Assistant S3 at the 104th Engineer BN and upon the Battalions deactivation transferred to HQ State Area Command as a Staff Engineer. In 1997 he moved to Florida and transferred to the FLARNG also in State Area Command as a Staff Engineer.

In 1998, he transferred affiliation from FLARNG to the USAR (32nd Transportation Group) Tampa, FL as an assistant S3 Plans officer. In 2003, he moved into the IRR and gained a position as an IMA, Theater Contingency Engineer Manager (TCEM) in the Engineering Directorate at HQ USSOUTHCOM. In 2005, he was mobilized to HQUSSOUTHCOM as the SJFHQ Engineer Plans officer (J3). 6 months later, he moved back to the Engineer directorate as the Guantanamo Bay GWOT Engineer. In July of 2007 he demobilized and returned to the TCEM cell as Team Chief, CENTAM Region as an IMA.

Awards:
Army Service Ribbon

Interests and Hobbies

Still seems extremely odd that someone smart enough to reach the rank of Major would do something as idiotic as this.

Dogma can make anyone barking mad ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 14, 2009, 09:33:23 PM

QuoteSummary

Awards:
Army Service Ribbon

Interests and Hobbies

Trying every available option to avoid going back to the Middle East seems pretty smart to me.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Elder Iptuous

WingNut Daily says his orders have been revoked:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009
QuoteBombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez
Major victory for Army warrior questioning Obama's birthplace

Chelsea Schilling and Joe Kovacs
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate – and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

AFK

Or maybe they don't want a whiner on the frontlines. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 15, 2009, 01:29:58 PM
Or maybe they don't want a whiner on the frontlines. 

More than likely the motivation is to avoid causing disruption.  morale is already low enough from the reports of a few people i know over there.  i'm sure they don't want a publicized story of a guy over there spreading dissent....
they very well could court martial him after they figure their spin (or the story simply dies out), but that's less ham fisted than one might expect...  i figured they'd have him in the brig pdq...

Bruno

Not unless he actually refused orders. All I see here is that he filed some paperwork.
Formerly something else...

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on July 15, 2009, 02:42:54 PM
Not unless he actually refused orders. All I see here is that he filed some paperwork.

Is seeking a court order to delay or overturn orders not a refusal? (idunno the legalities, but the actuality is clear enough...)

also, i should admit that, while i haven't even looked into the arguments on either side of this 'eligibility issue', (even superficially) i support the 'birthers' out of a personal aesthetically motivated choice to support the undermining of the state.
to this end i also propose referring to the POTUS using the amended term 'APOTUS' (Alleged President of the United States)....
that just makes me smile...

Cramulus

I said it before and I'll say it again

the birthers are what makes this decade great

I only wish the BARACK IS A MUSLIM crowd was still fired up - they were high quality lulz while it lasted