News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

FWD: Testing

Started by Captain Utopia, July 17, 2009, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 17, 2009, 09:02:13 PM
Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 08:56:37 PM
The arc of this thread is pretty much what I expected. I couldn't think of a better way to present it. No-one has come out and said "Unknown persons hypnotising people through chain-mail for unknown reasons is uninteresting and old-news - check the FAQ". Until then, I guess we're having separate conversations.

Umm, I think most of the posts on the first page were saying that. 
If you can spell it out for me, I'll happily shut up. The first post on the first page which gives anything remotely specific, refers to phys-ed in the 6th grade, which is definitely not what we're talking about now.

I think you may just be seeing it that way...

I see it like this:

You make post about phenomena.
Several of us say "Been there, Done that in school"
You say "NO IT'S HYPNOSIS"
We say, Uhhh.... probably not, why are you still harping on this"
You say "Cause its Hypnosis, cause it worked on me!"
etc...

It might appear as hypnosis to you... but having studied hypnosis, it doesn't seem like it to me (and possibly others posting here).

I think you'd need to make a much stronger case for this to go beyond a gainsaying thread of "Yes it 'tis, No it tisn't,"
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Or, maybe, let it go and talk about something else.  At this point I'm just doing the same thing as tp13 and killing time....

...with my mind rays!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 17, 2009, 09:01:15 PM
I can;t read long blocks of text on computer screen.

PS the OP should quit having a temper tantrum because we're not behaving like you want us to behave.

That's one benefit of working in the cubicle life where reams of shit is printed off continuously.... a book makes little waves at all....
oh well.... just trying to gin up additional interest in the idea.

as far as the OP goes, I don't think she's going to listen to your request as she's too busy eating attention....

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 17, 2009, 09:20:47 PM
Or, maybe, let it go and talk about something else.  At this point I'm just doing the same thing as tp13 and killing time....
...with my mind rays!

Is that more of the wisdom that comes with age, Rev? ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

age, boredom, indigestion, I don't know. 

Captain Utopia

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 17, 2009, 09:14:27 PM
What we seem to be talking about now is you trying to make one thing into something it's not so you can feel like you stumbled across something amazing.
Can you explain how all of those manipulative techniques got into that chain-letter, if it wasn't created by somebody who had the required skills and the objective to hood-wink the recipients?

Can you explain why those manipulative elements would need to be present, if it were primarily a physiological reaction?

Is the dissemination of such things a regular/boring occurrence here?

By the way, did you see the wicked cool picture I posted above?
I get your sarcasm. It wasn't terribly subtle. :-)

AFK

It wasn't until you arrived.

har, har, har!

btw, don't take it personally.  it's been a long day and this is amusing me. 

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Iptuous on July 17, 2009, 09:21:31 PM
as far as the OP goes, I don't think she's going to listen to your request as she's too busy eating attention....
If you don't like the troll, don't feed the troll.

I'm not trying to troll though, I'm genuinely trying to understand something, and as such I'm still trying to find answers to my questions.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:26:16 PM
What we seem to be talking about now is you trying to make one thing into something it's not so you can feel like you stumbled across something amazing.
Can you explain how all of those manipulative techniques got into that chain-letter, if it wasn't created by somebody who had the required skills and the objective to hood-wink the recipients?

Can you explain why those manipulative elements would need to be present, if it were primarily a physiological reaction?

You seem to be assuming someone thought this up for some nefarious purpose, instead of being like "hey look at this cool trick dude!"
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

AFK

Okay, so, I'm putting down a wager of 50 imaginary dollars that this thread is 15 pages when I get back on Monday.  

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on July 17, 2009, 09:21:31 PM
as far as the OP goes, I don’t think she’s going to listen to your request as she’s too busy eating attention….
If you don't like the troll, don't feed the troll.

I'm not trying to troll though, I'm genuinely trying to understand something, and as such I'm still trying to find answers to my questions.

If you're trolling it's one of the best trolls ever, nothing pisses off people more than deliberate stupidity.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 17, 2009, 09:18:22 PM
I see it like this:

You make post about phenomena.
Several of us say "Been there, Done that in school"
You say "NO IT'S HYPNOSIS"
We say, Uhhh.... probably not, why are you still harping on this"
You say "Cause its Hypnosis, cause it worked on me!"
etc...

It might appear as hypnosis to you... but having studied hypnosis, it doesn't seem like it to me (and possibly others posting here).

I think you'd need to make a much stronger case for this to go beyond a gainsaying thread of "Yes it 'tis, No it tisn't,"
Not one respondent has contradicted, or even addressed the case that I've already made. That would be a pre-requisite for a stronger case.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 17, 2009, 09:34:37 PM
Okay, so, I'm putting down a wager of 50 imaginary dollars that this thread is 15 pages when I get back on Monday.  

It def will be, this guy is persistent.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 17, 2009, 09:37:26 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 17, 2009, 09:34:37 PM

It def will be, this guy is persistent.

$50 says aspberger's.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:26:16 PM

Is the dissemination of such things a regular/boring occurrence here?
Do you think those chain e-mails that warn you that YOU'D BETTER FORWARD THIS OR SOMETHING REALLY BAD FOR REALS WILL HAPPEN CUZ MY FRIEND DELETED IT AND HE GOT HIT BY A TRAIN! are hypnosis too?  

The mention of an orthopaedic surgeon is a bit of an appeal to authority but....so? It reads like a childhood dare (betcha can't do this!) with a reference to a doctor to make it more of a challenge (a doctor says it's impossible? - or whatever the OP said - I'll show him!!). Doesn't read like hypnosis to me and really not any different than if someone asked you in person to do it. At most it's a challenge and introduction to a quirky bodily reaction.                    
By the way, did you see the wicked cool picture I posted above?
I get your sarcasm. It wasn't terribly subtle. :-)
:thumb: AWESOME!!!! Also, I just hypnotized you with my words to make you think I was being sarcastic. I was actually being super-srs.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.