FWD: Testing

Started by Captain Utopia, July 17, 2009, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on July 19, 2009, 02:50:15 AM
You are gaining no tactical advantage.
It doesn't translate, so well, online.

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on July 19, 2009, 02:50:15 AM
Your are merely rabble rousing on the weekend when its normally quiet here and turning yourself into a target as opposed to posting stuff to be discussed. I mean continue if you want but it generally comes to a point where you drop the attitude and you can enjoy some great conversations from there on out and this site does have a lot of rewarding conversations to be had.
I would contest that a certain percentage of my attitude is simply me refusing "prison bitch" status, and returning attitude given to me, in kind. But you're right, it's not important, and I concede to your larger point.

the last yatto

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 18, 2009, 05:55:35 PM
If you can explain your insight, I would be most grateful.
it puts the lotion in the basket

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2009, 06:12:54 PM
No, really.  We're like a hive, only without the honey.
but the statue is still around here somewhere i think
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

is this Rhombus's cousin??

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2009, 06:51:02 PM
Pseudo-intellectualism doesn't go far here.  You might have better luck at the Church of Google.  They're always spouting puerile nonsense and calling it "philosophy", etc.
Oh come on, I just took a look, and that shit is retarded. Even for me.

I'd much rather be an insignificant fish in a big pond than a whale rotting in a puddle of piss.

Zenpeanut

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 19, 2009, 03:37:19 AM
I would contest that a certain percentage of my attitude is simply me refusing "prison bitch" status

Trust me, the best status you have to look forward to here is an ass polyp, get over yourself.

the last yatto

actually if you dont have another title by the time your an asshat/pope your a social outcast.
faust's got at least 10 titles, tahts why hes got that fancy turban
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 18, 2009, 07:28:35 PM
Oh! God I'm thick. You've all been trolling me from the very first page haven't you? And it took me a whole 8 pages to figure it out - the joke is on me! No group of people could otherwise lack such intellectual curiousity, be unaware that they are robotic slaves to a meme and fail time and time again to respond to patient and clear explanations of simple concepts which any grade schooler could instantly grasp.

My hat goes off to you! What dedication to the craft you observe!

We are, after all, professionals.

Now, please explain to me what REALLY REAL DISCORDIANISM FOR REALNESS is.  I mean, you are obviously so much more intelligent that we primates.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 19, 2009, 02:21:23 AM
Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on July 19, 2009, 01:46:25 AM
I think you are a condescending asshole
I'll grant you that, without pause. It's simply a defence mechanism. Tends to make the other person angry enough such that I have room to score a tactical advantage. Would be better if I had complete control over it, but seemingly I can't yet have everything. It doesn't help that I find the whole process amusing. Even if it is a self-destructive behaviour pattern.

Tactical advantage?  Okay, you win the internets.  Aren't you special?   :lulz:

but otherwise you were probably asking a genuine question. That email is as old as the hills at this stage and its not that interesting an effect. What you said about belief being the key to the ability to do it is a pretty straightforward concept. Look around and you will see some good stuff on mindfucking yourself.
I know it's old - I gave up tracing it to 2005. The fact that it's a mindfuck which can be replicated in a few minutes, and presented to people who otherwise had no previous interest in mindfucks, or even the idea that they can switch their belief systems at will, does still make it interesting to me.. but I'll have to do more experimentation to see if giving permission to complete the exercise correctly neutralises the seeming physiological effect as reliably as it did with myself. I think it'd be neat to know of a simple quick mindfuck which works reliably on the "average person".

If that's your idea of a mindfuck, you should probably go join the Scientologists.  They're more your speed.

One thing I do when I want to overcome some inhibition is I narrate what I want to happen aloud to myself, "And so he overcame his anxiety and slowly drifted into a restful state of sleep" is generally the last thing I hear at night.
Thanks for the tip, I think I'll give it a try.

Suggestion:  "...And then Fictionpuss drank Drano, and there was much rejoicing."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

the last yatto

actually it was ajax

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 19, 2009, 05:15:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2009, 06:51:02 PM
Pseudo-intellectualism doesn't go far here.  You might have better luck at the Church of Google.  They're always spouting puerile nonsense and calling it "philosophy", etc.
Oh come on, I just took a look, and that shit is retarded. Even for me.

I'd much rather be an insignificant fish in a big pond than a whale rotting in a puddle of piss.

No, they're actually smarter than you are.  They at least know they're pretentious gasbags, and you still think you're here to teach us all how to be Discordians.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on July 19, 2009, 04:16:06 AM

My money is on Daruko (it's identical to his "Dove" troll), but that's a strong possibility, too.

BADGE OF HONOR

I already pointed him at IANAR's beautiful creation but I guess he didn't get the hint/
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 19, 2009, 08:49:35 AM

I already pointed him at IANAR's beautiful creation but I guess he didn't get the hint/

My money is on it being Daruko.  It's dumb enough, and we're overdue.

BADGE OF HONOR

Nah, Daruko would have already outed himself by now.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 19, 2009, 08:55:40 AM
Nah, Daruko would have already outed himself by now.

Give it time.  He lasted almost 3 days last time.