News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

FWD: Testing

Started by Captain Utopia, July 17, 2009, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 21, 2009, 05:12:10 PM
The mindfuck is that after you've read this, you will be wondering if you also had been able to do it before you read about it
You're looking too hard for something which isn't there.

If the whole universe of mindfucks were mapped out in increasing levels of sophistication, such that there's a myriad of simplistic MFs like "Be good or Santa won't come this year" near the bottom and more interesting MFs like "Horrible Truth" placed somewhere above that, then it was always my contention that what I ineptly presented would be near the bottom.

What I find most interesting is an examination whether those forwards are created by someone with full consciousness of what they are doing, or whether they just evolve that way. E.g. earlier versions didn't contain the reference to the surgeon - did a less successful version of the chain letter exist shortly before dying because it mentioned that it came from "my astrologer"?

Understanding all of this is key to potentially using the medium to communicate an intentional message. But if that is boring-as-shit to you, and you want to wrassle some more, then I'm game for that too.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Oh for the love of Shatner.
Move on to another subject would ya?

I keep waiting for something funny and I'm being disappointed here.

AFK

According to Google Image this is "something funny":

But I honestly don't see it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Squid on July 21, 2009, 07:20:14 PM

I'll keep asking that question till I get an answer. If you stop responding to this thread, I will too. Otherwise, you're complaining at yourself.

Cramulus

that picture is balls.

this is appletalk, man. It's a notoriously hard subforum in which to host srs bsns discussion.

LMNO

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 21, 2009, 07:27:46 PM
Quote from: Squid on July 21, 2009, 07:20:14 PM

I'll keep asking that question till I get an answer. If you stop responding to this thread, I will too. Otherwise, you're complaining at yourself.

What was the question again?  I keep getting lost in all your abstract symbolism known as "the english language".

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Twilightgirl on July 21, 2009, 07:29:37 PM
this is appletalk, man. It's a notoriously hard subforum in which to host srs bsns discussion.
Ahh, that actually explains a lot. Thanks.

AFK

You're just figuring that out now???

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BADGE OF HONOR

YOu're pretty dumb for an enlightened dude.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Captain Utopia

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 21, 2009, 07:57:03 PM
I came here for enlightenment, and I've already found some of what I'm looking for.

I know I'm dumb, repeating it only makes me dumber.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 21, 2009, 08:15:17 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 21, 2009, 07:57:03 PM
I came here for enlightenment, and I've already found some of what I'm looking for.

I know I'm dumb, repeating it only makes me dumber.

Enlightenment is not found here. At best we're just gonna throw rocks at your sacred cows until you either enlighten yourself or go away. Generally, we prefer the former, but aren't opposed to the latter.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Thurnez Isa

:lulz:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 21, 2009, 08:17:20 PM
Enlightenment is not found here. At best we're just gonna throw rocks at your sacred cows until you either enlighten yourself or go away. Generally, we prefer the former, but aren't opposed to the latter.
It would be awesome if you'd throw rocks at my sacred cows. I am actively trying to rid myself of as many delusions as possible. It would seem more accurate to say that it's mostly ad hominems though.

LMNO

Currently, it appears to me that one of your sacred cows might be the belief that agreeing, adopting, and adapting other people's ideas into your own worldview is a bad thing.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: LMNO on July 21, 2009, 08:41:52 PM
Currently, it appears to me that one of your sacred cows might be the belief that agreeing, adopting, and adapting other people's ideas into your own worldview is a bad thing.

Additionally, admitting you're wrong about something.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".