News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Obama is Kerensky and [insert name here] is the new Lenin

Started by Cain, July 19, 2009, 04:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Making this prediction now so I have evidence I called.  The economic crisis will sink Obama and the Movement will rise to power again, maybe in 2012 but more likely in 2016, and this time they'll finish off what they started under Bush.

Thurnez Isa

Im hoping Palin 2012... but I suspect she is too dumb to actually succeed
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Allegedly, she is smarter in person than she appears on the news.  That is what I have heard from people, at least, including those who don't politically agree with her.

I would hope so, anyway.  Someone apparently that dumb shouldn't be able to rise that high without major backing.

Da6s

Quote from: Cain on July 19, 2009, 05:52:26 PM
Allegedly, she is smarter in person than she appears on the news.  That is what I have heard from people, at least, including those who don't politically agree with her.

I would hope so, anyway.  Someone apparently that dumb shouldn't be able to rise that high without major backing.

From what i've read the way she's managed to rise this high has been through lying, conniving, and just being an all around ThunderCunt.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 19, 2009, 04:16:18 PM
Making this prediction now so I have evidence I called.  The economic crisis will sink Obama and the Movement will rise to power again, maybe in 2012 but more likely in 2016, and this time they'll finish off what they started under Bush.

I could be wrong.  Palin could win in 2012, I suppose.  If that's the case, I want you Euros to come over here and SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Or through the hordes of the smashed chromosome.  She's very popular with the WalMart crowd.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/112252/gop-faithful-like-romney-huckabee-2012.aspx

:horrormirth:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 19, 2009, 06:53:38 PM

Or through the hordes of the smashed chromosome.  She's very popular with the WalMart crowd.

if the economy continues to drag and there isn't a big turn out
you guys are completely completely fucked
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 19, 2009, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 19, 2009, 06:53:38 PM

if the economy continues to drag and there isn't a big turn out
you guys are completely completely fucked

Nonsense.  Only those that are unprepared, that are unwilling or unable to do what it takes to have a good time, are fucked.  I actually did very well throughout the Bush years.

Also, the Bush years were funnier.  I had more FUN than I do now.  I'm kinda looking forward to this...if only there were a way the Canucks and Europeans wouldn't find out we elected another dumbass.  I mean, it's embarrassing.  Like when the neighbors all find out about that horrible thing you're in the habit of doing when you have too many at the Labor Day block party and forget where you are, right?  I mean, who hasn't been there? 

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 19, 2009, 06:51:05 PM
Making this prediction now so I have evidence I called.  The economic crisis will sink Obama and the Movement will rise to power again, maybe in 2012 but more likely in 2016, and this time they'll finish off what they started under Bush.

I could be wrong.  Palin could win in 2012, I suppose.  If that's the case, I want you Euros to come over here and SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

We'll trade you her for Putin and Berlusconi.

Srsly though, I'm looking at the market indicators and apparently, right now, the real unemployment rate in the USA is 16%.  It'll likely be 20% by the end of the year, and there are indicators the second stage of the financial crisis should be starting in the next few months.  They'll hammer the Dems in the midterms over unemployment, the stimulus and (likely) the failing war in Afghanistan, probably wont get a majority, but might have enough to sink any hopes of the Dems getting their act together and actually using their Supermajority (thanks, Big Tent Politics, for reducing the effectiveness of the Democrats.  Well, that and their utter lack of a spine).  They'll then build on that to show Obama can't govern efficiently and BOOM!  Republi-Lenin, whoever that may be, gets in.

I'm still not sure who that may be yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 19, 2009, 07:35:48 PM
Making this prediction now so I have evidence I called.  The economic crisis will sink Obama and the Movement will rise to power again, maybe in 2012 but more likely in 2016, and this time they'll finish off what they started under Bush.

I could be wrong.  Palin could win in 2012, I suppose.  If that's the case, I want you Euros to come over here and SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

Srsly though, I'm looking at the market indicators and apparently, right now, the real unemployment rate in the USA is 16%.  It'll likely be 20% by the end of the year, and there are indicators the second stage of the financial crisis should be starting in the next few months.  They'll hammer the Dems in the midterms over unemployment, the stimulus and (likely) the failing war in Afghanistan, probably wont get a majority, but might have enough to sink any hopes of the Dems getting their act together and actually using their Supermajority (thanks, Big Tent Politics, for reducing the effectiveness of the Democrats.  Well, that and their utter lack of a spine).  They'll then build on that to show Obama can't govern efficiently and BOOM!  Republi-Lenin, whoever that may be, gets in.

The dems are doing pretty well at hanging this around the GOP's neck.  We'll see if that lasts until next year, though.

And the dems are fucking useless.  Fucking pansies.

Dysnomia

I could be wrong.  Palin could win in 2012, I suppose.  If that's the case, I want you Euros to come over here and SHOOT ME IN THE FACE.

Me too, if you please.   :x
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jenne

Total fucking ditto.  Course, I could just shoot myself, but where would be the fun in THAT?

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on July 19, 2009, 07:35:48 PM

Srsly though, I'm looking at the market indicators and apparently, right now, the real unemployment rate in the USA is 16%.  It'll likely be 20% by the end of the year, and there are indicators the second stage of the financial crisis should be starting in the next few months.  They'll hammer the Dems in the midterms over unemployment, the stimulus and (likely) the failing war in Afghanistan, probably wont get a majority, but might have enough to sink any hopes of the Dems getting their act together and actually using their Supermajority (thanks, Big Tent Politics, for reducing the effectiveness of the Democrats.  Well, that and their utter lack of a spine).  They'll then build on that to show Obama can't govern efficiently and BOOM!  Republi-Lenin, whoever that may be, gets in.

I seriously think that the Obama "people" (I think that didactic has changed between the campaign and the entry into the White House) had wanted the grassroots contingent that helped get him elected to step up and keep the chatter going about how great and wonderful his policies are and are going to be.  That seems to be falling off, and that will help end his effectiveness and seal his fate as the one to blame.

I know I keep getting these invitations and emails to peoples' "salons" where you sit and bullshit and fingerpoint about WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DOOOO! about the crises du jour.  I've been to one of these, on No Child Left Behind, a few months ago.  It was a way for manic panickers to sit amongst the gentrified elite intelligentsia of the area and yammer about tinfoil hat politics and point out why everyone should follow their way of thinking or the world was dooooomed.  Got old, really fast.  My husband went to another one at someone's house that was about the health crisis, but he claimed that though it was a little more well-organized than the one I went to, it was similarly ineffectual in finding any workable answers.

And I'm now wondering if the Obama "people" were thinking that this could keep up indefinitely, where the grassroots Democrats and the middle grounders would be placated by thinking they had a hand in this so-called "change" that has yet to happen, or if they'd one day finally notice that all their R&D grouping gained so little ground that it was just all a big, fat waste of time.

Captain Utopia

Isn't that to be expected? In the same way Obama appealed to those who primarily wanted a President who could think, Palin appeals to people who primarily want to feel good about themselves for aesthetics and for not thinking too much. It doesn't require major backing. And it doesn't require that Palin is actually smart enough to front an intentional split personality. If you accept the premise, then emergence will do the leg-work of finding someone who completes the picture.

Jenne

Except I think that idea majorly fucking backfired on the Republitards, and fast.  McCain's people couldn't WAIT to shake her as soon as the election was over, and blamed her and her family for every little thing possible.

Meaning:  she was actually a rift-causer not a rift-minimizer within the now-very-split Republican camp.  The neocons vs. the rednecks will still last out a while yet, but the Demorats are too stupid to pick it up and run with it anymore.