News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

All for the sake of a story...

Started by Da6s, July 24, 2009, 10:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Captain Utopia

I had a friend who once observed that it really sucks being the person with the least significant issues in a relationship, as then you have to spend most your time helping them navigate through life instead of living yours. It's kinda like prisoners dilemma except that.. no wait, it's exactly like prisoners dilemma.

Verbal Mike

Well, you're right, it is a fucking good story. Also, fucking grow up and make the most of it.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Eater of Clowns

I say get the fuck out of dodge.  You clearly don't respect this girl very much, save her the trouble of having to learn that later on.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Da6s

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 24, 2009, 11:27:38 PM
I say get the fuck out of dodge.  You clearly don't respect this girl very much, save her the trouble of having to learn that later on.

Actually I do, which is part of the problem. I just find the entire clusterfuck of a situation hysterical.

She's a really cool girl. I enjoy having her around. I just can't handle a strong attachment from her currently, and that's the main problem.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

The Good Reverend Roger

I say get the fuck out of dodge.  You clearly don't respect this girl very much, save her the trouble of having to learn that later on.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

Dude, go fucking nuts.  Burrow into this bizarre bullshit, and see just how far the fucking weirdness will go.

You'll never forgive yourself if you don't.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 25, 2009, 06:24:48 AM

FUCK THAT SHIT.

Dude, go fucking nuts.  Burrow into this bizarre bullshit, and see just how far the fucking weirdness will go.

THIS!

and hey, it sounds like she's not going at this with a "save me!" attitude, in which case, why sell yourself short of having a serious great time?

unless you believe every relationship is for life?

if it doesnt work it doesnt work, what's to lose?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Da6s

You three are what I came here for. At least my mentality is understood.
:mittens:

Verbal Mike

Yep, PDCOM is just a big fuzzy ball of understanding and brotherly love. :lulz:
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

LMNO

IMO, the only problem is that she's still living with her ex, the father of her child.

But I still agree with Roger, burrow into the weirdness.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It can only get weirder from here.

Trust me.

Get all up in it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

if she's cool, hawt and intelligent as well as into you you'd be a fecking eejit not to.  DOOO IIIIT!

Triple Zero

Quote from: L.D.D. Szarowka on August 13, 2009, 10:35:02 PMtry to not bond with the kid to just leave later, im sure it would mess with his head a little

thats good advice
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 25, 2009, 10:09:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 25, 2009, 06:24:48 AM

FUCK THAT SHIT.

THIS!

and hey, it sounds like she's not going at this with a "save me!" attitude, in which case, why sell yourself short of having a serious great time?

unless you believe every relationship is for life?

if it doesnt work it doesnt work, what's to lose?

But wait!  Is she a BOOMER?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.