News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Its not easy being green : Official

Started by MMIX, July 27, 2009, 10:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

http://www.schnews.org.uk/archive/news685.php

QuoteTHE HIPPY, HIPPY SHAKEDOWN

BREAKING NEWS.... THE BIG GREEN GATHERING HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN BY POLICE!

The Big Green Gathering, a fixture in the alternative calendar, was due to return after two years this week. 15–20,000 people were expected to turn up on Wednesday (29th) to the site near Cheddar, Somerset, for Europe's largest green event - a five-day festival promoting sustainability and renewable energy, with everything from allotments to alternative media. Hundreds of staff and volunteers are already on site, and its cancellation comes just days before gates were due to open. Organisers, most of whom work for nothing, are gutted. One told SchNEWS "We are so disappointed not to be having this year's gathering – it means so much to so many people".

Start the party guys the smelly hippies and weido pagans got their collectivist ass whooped Hooray!!!
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

bds

MMIX

Quote from: BDS on July 27, 2009, 07:24:39 PM
What? This is bullshit.

You know - until you specify what precisely you mean by "this" your answer isn't particularly helpful. Do you mean my OP is BS; or the article I quote is BS; or the underlying bureaucracy behind the cancellation of the Big Green Gathering is BS; or even that you own reply is BS.

A bit of specificity might help us readers out . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

bds

All of the above. More specifically, the fact that BGG got cancelled. I don't give a crap if they're "smelly hippies" and "weirdo pagans," killing their party is not cool.

MMIX

Quote from: BDS on July 27, 2009, 08:55:33 PM
All of the above. More specifically, the fact that BGG got cancelled. I don't give a crap if they're "smelly hippies" and "weirdo pagans," killing their party is not cool.

right with you on that . . . the thing that twists my gut is that the PTB bureaucratised them into cancelling it themselves - that is just unbelievably sucky

MMIX

Quote from: Broken AI on July 27, 2009, 09:09:52 PM
thats a neat trick, how the hell did they do that?
They just kept moving the goal posts
Its all in the OP but the Grauniad has a Fleet Street version

QuoteBig Green Gathering festival cancelled after 'political pressure'

Last-minute injunction prompts organisers to accuse police and council of 'premeditated decision to prevent gathering of radicals
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jul/27/big-green-gathering-climate-camp