News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Some motherfucking politicians need to learn to read the fucking Constitution

Started by Cain, July 29, 2009, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 29, 2009, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2009, 08:54:40 PM
Oh, Appalachian Trail Hiking SON OF GOD.

sorry LMNO but I will have to fix that for you

I have to offer an additional amendment.  Remember, this IS South Carolina we're talking about. 

But seriously, yes, I'm also glad I don't live in South Carolina.  Bunch of batshit insane politicians they've got there. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Looks like that will be headed to the Supreme Court if it passes.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

fomenter

:facepalm:

Quotewords, language, or actions of a profane, vulgar, lewd, lascivious, or indecent nature.
way to spell it out, some fringe religious nut is going to be in charge of deciding what meets those criteria i bet..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2009, 09:02:37 PM

Surely you mean the Goddamn Supreme Court! (renamed in a competition by Frank Miller)

Jenne

Bruno

Other states already have similar laws. I think in Tennessee, it only applies when minors are present.

I remember several years ago some people were whitewater rafting, and a guy fell out of the boat. He said some stuff I'm sure we would find appropriate considering the situation, but since there were children present, it was a crime.

I think he got like 2 weeks of public service or something.
Formerly something else...

Template

No, it needs to be burned into their retinas.  Or brainwashed in as something their mothers always said.

But, what about that bill makes you think it's going anywhere?  It's in committee, I mean.

Also, didn't you hear?  The Constitution doesn't apply to actions that protect children.  Especially American children.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2009, 09:02:37 PM

Given the history of a similar Utah law, I doubt it'll make it that far.  One of the big test for obscenity laws is the local community standards*.  Specifically, the have to be overwhelmingly against what you want to ban.  This is an almost impossible standard to meet, all you'd have to do to prove this unconstitutional is prove that teenagers swear... should take 5 minutes with a tape recorder at the local high school. 

SCOTUS will probably refuse to even hear the case unless SC actually wins at the circuit appeals level.

*This is insane in the modern world by the way, since if any obscenity law actually became enforceable, anywhere in the country, the entire country would have to obey it when on the internet.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Kai

While this doesn't surprise me, it makes me HATE living in this state.

Fuck, what a ridiculous place this is.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit