News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Earfatigue Productions presents... Frost Heaves.

Started by LMNO, July 30, 2009, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

So, I finally got the boys in front of the mics, and the mixdowns have started.

I present my new band, the Frost Heaves, and their first single, "I'll Get Mine":

http://www.reverbnation.com/earfatigueproductions

WARNING: This music is, in a word, accessible.  Please proceed at your own risk.

Captain Utopia

I liked it. Next time you might want to consider mixing in the vocals just a touch higher - they felt a bit drowned out in places. The rest sounded solid though.

Payne

Well, I enjoyed it. Catchy assed shit, I'm a sucker for it every time.

Eve

I like! Catchy, made my head bop without me realizing. Accessible doesn't mean bad. ;)
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Roaring Biscuit!

i pretty much like, not so fond of the whoa-ohs, but thats just me.  I would come to the gig.. if you know... there wasn't a pond in the way.

edit:  also, what happened to the deciders, was just listening through some of the other stuff, and that stuff appeals to me a little more :)

Actually I think I like both.  When is album?  :p

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'd like to hear the lead vocals bumped a little too. But I liked it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Yeah Nigel, I bumped the vox, and uploaded the new version.  Try it again.

RB: The "Whoas!" are a slight in-joke.  It's called "Joey L" for a reason. 

Also: The Deciders (or Gerund, as there already is a Deciders out there) is my solo stuff.  Frost Heaves is a group effort.  Never fear, there will be more solo stuff to come.

As far as an album goes, the Frost Heaves tracks are just a demo to get more shows.  We plan on doing a "real" recording in a few months.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Another track is up:  "Go!"

I think I need to tweak the vocals and guitar levels slightly, but what the hell.

LMNO

LMNO

Speaking of bumping threads, "Run" is up on the site...

PLUS, SHOW AT THE CANTAB 8/28!  BE THERE, ASSHOLES!

LMNO

The last track of the Nova Schin EP has been posted... http://www.reverbnation.com/earfatigueproductions

It's called "Run".

And, just as a reminder, our show is this Friday at the Cantab, for all you Boston/Cambridge/etc folks.

Suu

If we show up at the Cantab, you have to show up at All Asia on 10/3.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."