News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Teh Mooslims are overrunning Yurop (again)

Started by Cain, July 31, 2009, 12:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.irr.org.uk/2009/july/ha000011.html

QuoteSince  the late Oriana Fallaci published her anti-Muslim diatribe The Rage and the Pride in 2001, the Islamic threat to Europe has become something of a minor publishing phenomenon. Mark Steyn, Bat Ye'or, Bruce Bawer and Melanie Phillips have all made their contribution to a genre whose effects can be compared to a scratched record being played ad infinitum at piercingly high volume.[1] Now the American Financial Times journalist Christopher Caldwell has made another contribution to the genre, in his Burkean analysis of the 'revolution' in Europe wrought by immigration, and Muslim migration in particular. But Caldwell's book, Reflections on the Revolution in Europe: Immigration, Islam and the West, has received an unusual level of critical attention and acclaim that may make it even more significant than its predecessors.

We might not be surprised that a book on the Islamicisation of Europe has received praise from Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Niall Ferguson, but Caldwell has also been interviewed on Andrew Marr's Start the Week and on Radio 3's cultural flagship Nightwaves. His book has been lionised in the liberal press, including a full-page review in the Observer by Prospect magazine's editor David Goodhart, which hailed Caldwell as 'a bracing, clear-eyed analyst of European pieties'. The Guardian's Martin Woollacott described Caldwell as one of the 'more urbane and interesting voices' in the neoconservative political orbit and hailed his book as an important contribution to the 'sluggish' debate on immigration.

At first sight it may seem odd that a senior editor of the neoconservative Weekly Standard and an admirer of Enoch Powell should receive such acclaim from such bastions of British liberalism. So what makes Caldwell different and why has his book managed to transcend the conservative/right-wing readership that the 'green peril' sub-genre normally attracts? Firstly, there is his approach to the issues he raises. Unlike Fallaci and Mark Steyn, Caldwell does not rant or sneer. He presents his book as an objective and judicious discussion rather than a polemic, and avoids conspiratorial explanations for Muslim immigration of the type made by Eurabian theorists like Bat Ye'or. His arguments are measured, thoughtful and nuanced, and considerably more sophisticated than the rantings of Melanie Phillips. His authorial persona is that of a puzzled and concerned observer of the European predicament, driven only by a willingness to consider all angles of a serious debate that others are ignoring. He is cultured and knowledgeable.

For all these qualities, there is virtually nothing in his book that would be out of place in any other examples of the 'green peril' genre. Caldwell's essential argument is that Enoch Powell's predictions have been proven to be mostly correct and that European elites naively - and unnecessarily - entered into a new era of mass immigration after World War II, without thinking through its long-term consequences. As a result they have paved the way for the implantation of a Muslim 'adversary culture' in the heart of Europe that now threatens to engulf the continent demographically, culturally, politically and even sexually. To support this thesis, Caldwell roams back and forth across the continent, combining first-hand reportage with a formidable accumulation of statistics and opinion polls from different countries. All the essential elements of Islamic threat narratives are here; the empty church pews versus burgeoning mosques; Europe's decadence and crisis of spiritual values versus the confidence and power of Islam; the dire warnings of an ageing Europe that is being out-bred by more virile and fertile Muslim immigrants; the failure of multiculturalism and the subsequent proliferation of parallel societies and 'ethnic colonies' characterised by female circumcision, honour killings, criminal violence and terrorism, gang rape and the oppression of women.

Payne

Because he doesn't get all frothy and extremist what he says must be Moar Troo!!!1!

If I've seen anything reading through those Fascism and Far Right books, it's a tendency of the right to do just this.

God damn.

Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard

Quotethe dire warnings of an ageing Europe that is being out-bred by more virile and fertile Muslim immigrants

Well, then, the UK's SHOCKINGLY HIGH RATE OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY should easily combat that. Right?
"But one intelligence source we know suggests that an injection of a tiny amount of pure nicotine in the anus has the result of killing someone without leaving a mark. We're still trying to get to the bottom of this." --- Robert Eringer, On Marilyn, the Illuminati, and the Father of Our Country, The Investigator, 14 February 2009

Iason Ouabache

Don't Muslims make up less 10% of Europe's population?  It would take centuries for them to catch up even if their birth rate is double everyone else's.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

Ok, so I got off of my ass and actually looked it up: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

Excluding the Balkans and Turkey, no country in Europe is more than 10% Muslim. As a whole, Europe is 6% Muslim. The only countries where they are even close to a majority are Kosovo and Bosnia. The United Kingdom has about 2 million Muslims which makes up 3%. These fuckers are afraid of their own shadows. Instead of focusing on a small religious minority and using them as a scapegoat they should be strengthening their secular laws to prevent any religion from highjacking the government.
    \

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard on July 31, 2009, 04:28:42 PM
Quotethe dire warnings of an ageing Europe that is being out-bred by more virile and fertile Muslim immigrants

Well, then, the UK's SHOCKINGLY HIGH RATE OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY should easily combat that. Right?

Apparently not.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jean-Lustine d'Hadamard on July 31, 2009, 04:28:42 PM

Bah! Your teen pregnancy rate is a piddling 29.6 per 1000. United States is 53 per 1000. 

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!

:amurrica:
    \

Jenne

O Jesus.  Well, the Muslims *I* met on the northside of London last year, and had over at my house in CA later on that same year are about as threatening as a celery stalk.  :lulz:

Payne

BUT THEY WANT TO MAKE US ALL DO SHAR-EAR LAWS! AND KILL US ALL! AND BOTH! AT THE SAAAAAAAAAME TIIIIIIIIIME!

*Descends into gibbering about the Muslim council of Britain, the building of mosques attracting even more immigrants illegal or otherwise, and disproportionate representation of Muslim communities in local and national authorities*

edit: I know the spiel quite well from my father, who's a member of the BNP running for election shortly in the local council elections and feels the need to justify his position every time he sees me.

Jenne

Yeaaaah...you can just tell that the people who come up with this garbage are people who (very typically) don't KNOW any Muslims in the UK. 

Jenne

Payne

Yeah. I liked White Teeth.

The BNP seriously pisses me off, and scares me at times.

Cain

Quote from: Jenne on August 01, 2009, 01:32:34 AM
O Jesus.  Well, the Muslims *I* met on the northside of London last year, and had over at my house in CA later on that same year are about as threatening as a celery stalk.  :lulz:

To be fair, about the most threatening thing in North London is the possibility of being accosted by Lily Allen

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2009, 05:10:47 PM

To be fair, about the most threatening thing in North London is the possibility of being accosted by Lily Allen

:lulz:  Don't think she'd be bothered to hang where my in-laws are, though.  She's kinda too posh for the likes of them, thank gawd.

Payne

Quote from: Jenne on August 03, 2009, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2009, 05:10:47 PM

:lulz:  Don't think she'd be bothered to hang where my in-laws are, though.  She's kinda too posh for the likes of them, thank gawd.

Lily Allen? POSH?

Even with the qualifier "kinda too..." that makes no sense.