News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

NLP

Started by Golden Applesauce, August 04, 2009, 03:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 05, 2009, 02:33:51 AM
I've found users manual for the brain to be a more bare-bones NLP book.  Some of it might be useful -- in the same sense that say memory tricks might be useful.

Yeah, one of the dudes who wrote it has a PhD in cognitive science.

Even better, he wrote a book on, "Becoming More Ferocious as a Presenter".

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 05, 2009, 07:27:36 AM
Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 05, 2009, 02:33:51 AM
I've found users manual for the brain to be a more bare-bones NLP book.  Some of it might be useful -- in the same sense that say memory tricks might be useful.

Yeah, one of the dudes who wrote it has a PhD in cognitive science.

Even better, he wrote a book on, "Becoming More Ferocious as a Presenter".

classic

LMNO

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 05, 2009, 01:59:45 AM
NLP doesn't make many claims as to the accuracy of the model. The slogan is, "TrY iT oUt FoR yOuRsELf!" The emphasis is on whether the model helps or impedes reaching objectives. Like a good political sleazeball, it just sidesteps the entire issue. For example, "The Presuppositions" are carefully described as not necessarily true, but if you act as though they are then it will lube your social interactions. For the most part, I agree with that.

You know what other thought collective has pretty much the exact same slogan?

Scientologists.

Cramulus

Discordians.

I'm not too well read on NLP. Can you tell me if these arean examples of it?

I was holding the last french fry, my stomach totally full to capacity. I said out loud, "Should I eat the last fry?"
My girlfriend said "yes", and I immediately did. I later realized that I processed her "yes" as if it was an internal direction.

The other day on the highway, a motorcycle cut me off. His license plate was "YIELD", so I backed off. It took me 10 seconds to realize the effect the sign had on me.

LMNO

Christian Evangelists.

Triple Zero

Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 05, 2009, 02:33:51 AMin the same sense that say memory tricks might be useful.

well, "memory tricks" are useful, you just need to practice them so they don't take as much effort, but from all the memory tricks I've read about, even the first time I used them they were incredibly succesful.

there are a bunch in Derren Brown's book (Tricks of the Mind, IIRC) that you can employ immediately without having to memorize any tables of image-to-number associations or such.

are there similar immediate result tricks for NLP?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Epimetheus

NLP is all cool and you can like control people and shit
:hammer:
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO on August 05, 2009, 12:45:22 PM
NLP doesn't make many claims as to the accuracy of the model. The slogan is, "TrY iT oUt FoR yOuRsELf!" The emphasis is on whether the model helps or impedes reaching objectives. Like a good political sleazeball, it just sidesteps the entire issue. For example, "The Presuppositions" are carefully described as not necessarily true, but if you act as though they are then it will lube your social interactions. For the most part, I agree with that.

Scientologists.

You know what other group has that as a slogan?

Scientists.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 05, 2009, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 05, 2009, 02:33:51 AMin the same sense that say memory tricks might be useful.

well, "memory tricks" are useful, you just need to practice them so they don't take as much effort, but from all the memory tricks I've read about, even the first time I used them they were incredibly succesful.

there are a bunch in Derren Brown's book (Tricks of the Mind, IIRC) that you can employ immediately without having to memorize any tables of image-to-number associations or such.

I guess it depends on how you use it.

As far as techniques go, I can see how anchoring and reframing, for instance, can be useful in social game type places (work, school, etc).  I wouldn't regard it as a be all-end all.

I suppose if someone "Practices NLP" all the time, like those high-powered marketers, they would eventually begin to lack spontaneity.  Begin to look fake.

Triple Zero

Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 06, 2009, 05:50:04 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on August 05, 2009, 04:13:26 PM
I guess it depends on how you use it.

As far as techniques go, I can see how anchoring and reframing, for instance, can be useful in social game type places (work, school, etc).  I wouldn't regard it as a be all-end all.

no I mean in a real straight forward way like the memory tricks

1- do X
2- do A
3- do K
4- get result Z

anyone?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 06, 2009, 05:07:47 AM

Scientologists.

Scientists.

Thelemites.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on August 06, 2009, 01:07:03 PM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 06, 2009, 05:07:47 AM

Scientologists.

Scientists.

Thelemites.

Dr Pepper!

Iason Ouabache

Yo Gabba Gabba!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

The slogan is, "TrY iT oUt FoR yOuRsELf!"

Mothers For Drunk Driving

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on August 07, 2009, 05:28:43 PM
The slogan is, "TrY iT oUt FoR yOuRsELf!"

Mothers For Drunk Driving

The National Suicide Hotline.