News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

NLP

Started by Golden Applesauce, August 04, 2009, 03:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 31, 2009, 03:54:43 PM
Here are the same links with the referral id removed:

Good man.

Now we just need to find a way to make these referral IDs hurt him.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 05:50:19 PM
Quote from: fictionpuss on August 31, 2009, 03:54:43 PM
Here are the same links with the referral id removed:

Good man.

Now we just need to find a way to make these referral IDs hurt him.

aaaaaha! good idea!

i'm pretty sure there must be some way ... spamming them around at dirty places however, probably is not one of them. maybe complaints to amazon but i dunno if that would be heard.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on August 31, 2009, 05:48:45 PM
Thanks FP

It irritates me  that this chode is constantly trying to make money off us.
I'm choosing to see it as being amusingly endearing, but I suspect I'm abnormally forgiving in that respect.

Triple Zero

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 31, 2009, 06:16:56 PM
Thanks FP

I'm choosing to see it as being amusingly endearing, but I suspect I'm abnormally forgiving in that respect.

That's probably just because you're relatively new.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

You all knew this shit was coming.  You all knew that eventually, everything we have built will become the next big shrink-wrapped conspiracy product.  If it isn't this Ben Mack creep, it will be the next sleazeball.

But that's okay, if you're in this for all the right reasons.  It will become a big fad, then the inevitable backlash will kick in, and anyone claiming to be a Discordian will never be taken seriously at all...and this, too, serves our purposes (unless you want to be taken seriously, for some odd reason).

However, it's still okay to fuck with Ben Mack.  In fact, I'd encourage a little data mining and rampant assfuckery directed his way.  I shall lead by example.

We ARE, after all, Holy Men™.  We are not required to eat his shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Captain Utopia

hxxps://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/agreement

QuoteIn addition, you may not: (a) directly or indirectly offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including, without limitation, payment of money (including any rebate), or granting of any discount or other benefit) for using Special Links on your site to access the Amazon Site (e.g., by implementing any "rewards" program for persons or entities who use Special Links on your site to access the Amazon Site); (b) read, intercept, record, redirect, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other materials submitted to us by any person or entity; (c) in any way modify, redirect, suppress, or substitute the operation of any button, link, or other interactive feature of the Amazon Site; (d) make any orders or subscription requests, or engage in other transactions of any kind on the Amazon Site on behalf of any third party, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so; (e) take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, order, browse, and so on) are occurring; (f) other than providing Special Links on your site in accordance with this Agreement, post or serve any advertisements or promotional content promoting the Amazon Site or otherwise around or in conjunction with the display of the Amazon Site (e.g., through any "framing" technique or technology or pop-up or pop-under windows), or assist, authorize, or encourage any third party to take any such action; (g) attempt to circumvent the referral fee schedule or artificially increase your referral fees (e.g. by intentionally featuring, purchasing or requesting or encouraging any third party to purchase low-price items offered on the Amazon Site (as determined by us) for the purpose of exceeding any referral fee threshold or by causing any page of the Amazon Site to open in a customer's browser other than as a result of the customer clicking on a Special Link on your site); (h) attempt to intercept or re-direct (including, without limitation, via user-installed software) traffic from or on, or divert referral fees from, any web site that participates in the Program; (i) use any Content or Special Link in connection with any handheld, mobile, or mobile phone application without our prior written approval; or (j) seek to purchase or register any keywords, search terms or other identifiers that include the words "amazon," "endless," "kindle," "javari" or any other trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, or variations or misspellings thereof (for example "ammazon," "amaozn," "kindel," "endlss," "enldess," "javary," etc.) ("Proprietary Terms") for use in any search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service or other search or referral service. From time to time we may request that you cause any applicable Web search provider to exclude Proprietary Terms from keywords used to display your advertising content in association with search results, assuming the provider of such Web search engine offers such exclusion capabilities. In addition, if you bid on or purchase keywords or otherwise participate in keyword auctions on Google, Yahoo, MSN, or any of the sites that participate in their respective search networks (e.g., AOL, Ask.com, etc.), the paid search advertisements you purchase may not send users directly to the Amazon Site or indirectly to the Amazon Site via automatic redirection from a site other than the Amazon Site (i.e., without a click or other affirmative act by the user on that intermediate site). However, nothing in this Agreement prohibits you from purchasing paid search advertisements to send users to your site and then, when the user affirmatively clicks on a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site, directing that user to the Amazon Site. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have engaged in any of the foregoing activities or, as the case may be, refused promptly to comply with a request from us to exclude Proprietary Terms from any keyword as mentioned above, we may (without limiting any other rights or remedies available to us) withhold any referral fees otherwise payable to you under this Agreement and/or terminate this Agreement.
A wiki page with product links and phrases like: "Dr Mack's Amazon-Insured [...] get-free-stuff [...] then return it for free later and keep the commission [...] this is not a pyramid scheme [...] increase product ranking [...] I've been doing this for years [...] make free money from marketing [...] Amazon make money on this too [...] click 20 of my links and you'll get onto the second tier [...] work from home" should do it?

With the blanks [...] filled in with random Mack-speak.

Love

that's not an affiliate link. i prefer to be condemned by an educated jury
not guilty this time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Love on August 31, 2009, 06:58:11 PM

not guilty this time.

You set yourself up for that kind of assumption by being a self-promoting asshole. Deal with it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Captain Utopia

Oops  :sad:  I hope this doesn't mean that I have to go to marketing school.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Love on August 31, 2009, 06:58:11 PM

not guilty this time.

Nobody cares what you prefer.  The opinions of parasites are of no importance.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 06:24:50 PM
You all knew this shit was coming.  You all knew that eventually, everything we have built will become the next big shrink-wrapped conspiracy product.  If it isn't this Ben Mack creep, it will be the next sleazeball.

But that's okay, if you're in this for all the right reasons.  It will become a big fad, then the inevitable backlash will kick in, and anyone claiming to be a Discordian will never be taken seriously at all...and this, too, serves our purposes (unless you want to be taken seriously, for some odd reason).

However, it's still okay to fuck with Ben Mack.  In fact, I'd encourage a little data mining and rampant assfuckery directed his way.  I shall lead by example.

We ARE, after all, Holy Men™.  We are not required to eat his shit.

Well put.  I figure our actions should speak louder than any meaningless drivel.

Love

Quote from: Burns on August 31, 2009, 07:57:21 PM
I figure our actions should speak louder than any meaningless drivel.

Burns I am honored 2 B your Post # 2323

meaningless drivel? Guilty as charged

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Love on August 31, 2009, 08:55:35 PM

Dude...

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 31, 2009, 08:56:37 PM
Quote from: Love on August 31, 2009, 08:55:35 PM

Dude...

The funny thing: I wasn't even talking about him.  I was referring to the meaningless drivel of the next big shrink-wrapped conspiracy product and the "fad" that goes along with it.