News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

Keith Olberman+Owned Congressmen= LAIL

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, August 05, 2009, 05:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

AFK

They're all tools of course but Baucus looks especially toolish. 

What was it, over $4 mill he's received from the Health Industry? 

What a guy. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

ah, olbermann. I used to think he was partisan, but turns out he just bashes everyone who deserves it.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Kai on August 05, 2009, 06:32:05 PM
ah, olbermann. I used to think he was partisan, but turns out he just bashes everyone who deserves it.

yes

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Kai on August 05, 2009, 06:32:05 PM
After watching him during 2008, I can't help thinking that he'll be back up to partisan speed in both 2010 and 2012. But he still seems to have more integrity than anyone I saw on CNN, FNN goes without saying.. and I don't get any other US news channels.

AFK

It really sucks when he goes on vacation though.  David Shuster, his usual stand-in, has to be one of the dullest anchors on television.  They even had Howard Dean fill in for him for a couple of days and even he came off looking a little stiff.  But boy I do love watching Keith get fired up.  That bit on health care was spot on. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Captain Utopia

I used to quite like Dan Abrams - he had a decent cut-the-bullshit style and good insights. I can see why Maddow got his slot, but had he took the 6pm slot instead of Shuster, that'd be a solid lineup. Dunno why he disappeared - politics? The Ed Show is too much like watching bizarro OReilly.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I don't think he's partisan. I think he's really opinionated and is passionate about his opinion.
I like how he expresses it and I think he makes people pause for a moment to think about whether or not they agree with him.

He's a good guy IMO. Rachel Maddow is pretty awesome too :)

Cramulus

Quote from: Squid on August 05, 2009, 07:06:01 PM
I don't think he's partisan. I think he's really opinionated and is passionate about his opinion.
I like how he expresses it and I think he makes people pause for a moment to think about whether or not they agree with him.

oh olbermann's totally partisan. But he's good at what he does, and he occasionally brings the FIRE OF INQUISITION - a great trait for a journalist.

Kai

Quote from: Squid on August 05, 2009, 07:06:01 PM

They're both vicious. The only two journalists I've seen more vicious are Stewart and Colbert.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Sir Squid Diddimus

Perhaps. But at least they don't just make shit up like Fox does.

"I have an ice cream cone!"

"You have space herpes and you hate Jesus? Also just killed four babies and shot heroin into your eye?? Next on FOX!!"

Iason Ouabache

Or Fox says, "Oh shit, this Democrat is killing me in a debate. Go to a breaking story about Shark Week!"

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/5/756740/-Bailout,-Fox-style
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Is it just me, or is there no functional difference between comments at DailyKos and those at Youtube?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 06, 2009, 06:49:54 AM
Or Fox says, "Oh shit, this Democrat is killing me in a debate. Go to a breaking story about Shark Week!"

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/5/756740/-Bailout,-Fox-style

:spittake:

that's a fucking BRILLIANT way to lose a debate!!!
I'm sharing this, hope you don't mind.

Jenne

Or when it comes to plausible deniability, they bring in "National Security" or some such shit. 

What's the Democrat equivalent to that btw, because I know there is one?