News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

USA TODAY: Protests tilt views on health care bill

Started by Cainad (dec.), August 13, 2009, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

The French system might be good, even great, but for too many Americans the fact that it's French means it's ruined forever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on August 26, 2009, 04:16:51 PM
The French system might be good, even great, but for too many Americans the fact that it's French means it's ruined forever.

More to the point, it's so American to be fucked by big business and like it.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Cainad on August 26, 2009, 04:16:51 PM

Well yeah.

Thats why you just describe how the system would work, and only tell them after the bill has passed.  And then laugh, while petting your white cat.

Cainad (dec.)

IF THE FOUNDING FATHERS HAD WANTED US TO GET HEALTH CARE LIKE THE CHEESE-EATING SURRENDER MONKEYS INSTEAD OF PAYING GOD-FEARING CAPITALISTS FOR IT, THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO AMERICA!

:amurrica:

Cain

AND IF THEY WANTED US TO HAVE ANTIBIOTICS AND OPEN HEART SURGERY, THEY WOULD'VE MENTIONED IT IN THE CONSTITUTION

The Good Reverend Roger

The argument they use is funny.

"RATIONING!  LONG LINES!"

But why would that be?  Oh, yes...because they'd have to wait in line with poor people.  Because their life is worth more, because they have a few bucks, we should lock poor people out of health care.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I've never waited in a line.

I've been in a waiting room, before.  Once for up to half an hour, but nothing more.  The only time there could've been lines recently is with swine flu, and even then, the medical advice to stay at home and get someone else to pick up the drugs staved that off.  I suspect they are thinking of Soviet breadlines and applying them to Canadian and UK healthcare providers.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:34:46 PM
The argument they use is funny.

"RATIONING!  LONG LINES!"

But why would that be?  Oh, yes...because they'd have to wait in line with poor people.  Because their life is worth more, because they have a few bucks, we should lock poor people out of health care.

It's all bullshit because anyone in ANY emergency room or even given a regular appointment in the US has waited in lines.  LONG lines, and for hours.

Red herrings and bullshit.  Reminds me of the assinine shit I've heard about civil rights leg and the arguments people gave about that in the 60's.

ETA: in the US

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2009, 04:37:47 PM

Odd.  All I hear about is mass corpses in waiting rooms, from people who died in Britain while waiting to have a hangnail removed.

Cain

Just checked the NHS figures.

QuoteAcross all accident and emergency services, 97.5 per cent of patients spent four hours or less from arrival to admission, transfer or discharge, compared with 98.6 per cent in the previous quarter.

In major A&E departments, performance was slightly poorer - at 96.4 per cent, compared with 98.1 per cent in the previous quarter.

There was no change in performance compared with the same period last year, when the figures were 97.4 per cent for all services and 96.3 per cent for major A&E departments.

The Department of Health's "operational standard" is that 98 per cent of patients should spend four hours or less from arrival at A&E to admission, transfer or discharge.

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2009, 04:37:47 PM

I've been in a waiting room, before.  Once for up to half an hour, but nothing more.  The only time there could've been lines recently is with swine flu, and even then, the medical advice to stay at home and get someone else to pick up the drugs staved that off.  I suspect they are thinking of Soviet breadlines and applying them to Canadian and UK healthcare providers.

The "waiting in line" for Canuck or UK medicine was debunked by Michael Moore (like him or leave him) in Sicko.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2009, 04:46:45 PM
Just checked the NHS figures.

QuoteAcross all accident and emergency services, 97.5 per cent of patients spent four hours or less from arrival to admission, transfer or discharge, compared with 98.6 per cent in the previous quarter.

In major A&E departments, performance was slightly poorer - at 96.4 per cent, compared with 98.1 per cent in the previous quarter.

There was no change in performance compared with the same period last year, when the figures were 97.4 per cent for all services and 96.3 per cent for major A&E departments.

The Department of Health's "operational standard" is that 98 per cent of patients should spend four hours or less from arrival at A&E to admission, transfer or discharge.

I went to the emergency room and waited for 6 hours for transfer.

And I have the best health insurance outside of congress.

Cain

I did wonder how that stood up to other countries.  On its own, it sounds pretty damn good anyway, but when you put it like that...

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:34:46 PM
But why would that be?  Oh, yes...because they'd have to wait in line with poor people.  Because their life is worth more, because they have a few bucks, we should lock poor people out of health care.

And that's how we apply eugenics to the rich folks
"You mean I would have to wait in line with them *Tilts nose upwards* Maybe this infected cut isn't such a big deal"
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Cain

I bet Stalin is pissed he never thought of that.

"You mean all I need to do is nationalize the medical service, and they'll refuse to come out of snobbery?  Fuck, where did all those OGPU goons go...I knew I should have listened to Lenin about the capitalist classes selling us the rope we'd hang them with.  We'll save a bunch on bullets and graves, too."