News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Why is Discordia Irrelevant in the Year 2009?

Started by Cramulus, August 18, 2009, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Butterfly Nagelov on August 29, 2009, 06:51:05 PM
was discodia ever relevant? if so fore wholm?

I afree that realty, likre reasluyt vt showsr havre masde if hard to make funm of realty, I feeeel sorty for realithy.

We are whnat we are, relveanbt or not. sinced wehne does it mastter to discordiands if we ore ourt religion iare relvant or not?

>>TRIGGER:Englishfail
>>>CLARITY CORRECTION PROTOCOLS ENGAGED

Was Discordia ever relevant? If so, for whom?

I agree that reality, like reality tv shows have made if hard to make fun of reality, I feel sorry for reality. {WARNING: PROCESSOR OVERLOAD DUE TO SEVERE OBFUSCATION}

We are what we are, relevant or not. Since when does it matter to Discordians if we or our religion are relevant or not?

>>>END CLARITY CORRECTION PROTOCOLS

Christ dude, put at least something resembling effort into making your posts readable. Also, hi and welcome to non-lurker world.

fomenter

Quote from: Butterfly Nagelov on August 29, 2009, 07:09:11 PM
Quote from: fomenter on August 29, 2009, 06:56:31 PM

I afree that realty, likre reasluyt vt showsr havre masde if hard to make funm of realty, I feeeel sorty for realithy.

We are whnat we are, relveanbt or not. sinced wehne does it mastter to discordiands if we ore ourt religion iare relvant or not?

you registered on March 08, 2009, lurked for almost 6 months and still thought this would be a good first post  :argh!:

me/ points at selkj
DISOCORDIAN!!!!!
finally after all these years somebody came a long and posted some gibberish and used bad spelling to be different and discordian,
that is so unique and original, 
and nothing like the hundreds of cabbages that did it before you
who were so well received and not immediately trolled by pd....
way to pay attention
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Butterfly Nagelov on August 29, 2009, 07:09:11 PM
Quote from: fomenter on August 29, 2009, 06:56:31 PM

you registered on March 08, 2009, lurked for almost 6 months and still thought this would be a good first post  :argh!:

me/ points at selkj
DISOCORDIAN!!!!!

HORAB?!?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

StoneCrowUK

(what?  :? )

once i worked out what this said i (maybe ignoring the first bit) i like it!
should we care if we are still relavant?
Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

Verbal Mike

When did anybody say you're supposed to care? This, like everything else in these boards, is mental fappery, and fappery requires no justification!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Golden Applesauce

I don't believe in "relevance."  It seems like something people pull out of their ass when they want you to talk about what they want to talk about - whatever you're doing is irrelevant and whatever they're doing is.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Verbal Mike

Fuck you, your opinion is even more irrelevant than Discordia is this year!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Butterfly Nagelov

Quote from: VERBtr on August 31, 2009, 02:29:42 PM
Fuck you, your opinion is even more irrelevant than Discordia is this year!
fi yoi think discordia is irreklanat, why are you posting on a sitte with Eris op top /\ and discordida in the tittle

Brotep

Two words: information overload.

Everyone's a little bit postmodern these days because we're constantly bombarded by media detached from meaning.

We have grown accustomed to the phantasmagoria of information that spews forth from tv, radio, and the Internet:
instead of expecting content, we expect form and take content for granted.  In effect, we use mental placeholders.

All we're really looking for is something to fill up our minds.  So if mindfucking means yanking someone outside their established frame of mind, we will have to be more creative.  We must strike at what little ground remains beneath our collective feet.

Most of the time, instead of relying on an internal structuring of our activities and thoughts, we let the world around us tell us what to do.  Road signs, social cues, the menu in a fast food restaurant.

This is why the handshake induction and its ilk are still amazing.  Unlike much media consumption, social interaction is not completely passive, but it is still normally transparent.  So you introduce yourself to your target, offer your hand, and when they accept it, you put their hand to their forehead and command them to sleep (this is the handshake induction).  Not only is this really, really weird--it makes it so your target no longer knows what is going on, and thus enables you to give the interaction a new structure if you want.

Cain

LMNO

According to a thread found on an obscure Discordian website, it was relevant last year, apparently.

Cainad (dec.)

Experts in the field predict that it will take approximately two or three years for Discordia to regain the degree of relevance it had in 2008.

Unlike the experts in the field, the people who actually know what they're talking about just laughed at us when we asked them.

Verbal Mike

Expert occultists predict it will take 2.3 years, and will somehow be brought to the point by a large rabbit, chewing on a carrot that may or may not actually be a missile of some sort.
Unfortunately, they were drunk at the time of divination.

rong

Quote from: VERBtr on September 06, 2009, 01:52:17 PM
Expert occultists predict it will take 2.3 years, and will somehow be brought to the point by a large rabbit, chewing on a carrot that may or may not actually be a missile of some sort.
Unfortunately, they were drunk at the time of divination.
fixed
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"