News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Discordian Cult I mean Commune

Started by Cramulus, August 19, 2009, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Payne on August 26, 2009, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: VERBtr on August 26, 2009, 10:22:43 AM
That is actually a good plan. Buy a shitload of guns and move to Detroit. As the city progressively collapses we can grow and eventually rename the city to something silly that suits our fancy.

:fap:

Retroit.

when we're done with it, it'll be a combo of "Discordia" and "Detroit", so ... "Distroit" :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

But what about the poor lentils?
 \

Pope Pixie Pickle

lentils aren't so bad in stews with some chicken. I hated em whilst living in the permaculture camp, cos nae fucker soaked em properly. :horrormirth: So much so something revolting gave me Lentil Face (eat lentils, make extreme revulsion face) for months until I found someone who can cook.  And add meat. :lulz:

And the reson most communes are mostly veggie/vegan? Its fucking cheap to live on. £10 per head for three weeks.

Altho keeping chickens for eggs and the occasional bird for the table is a smart move.

Also I am used to cooking food for shit loads of people and can cook the range from omnivore to stinking vegan, and am not adverse to finding solutions to big differences in diet.

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on August 27, 2009, 12:55:51 PM
 \

Ah, someone else with a knowledge of sick UK comedy!  :lulz: 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

"Ugh.... Mike, what's the best thing for a hangover?"
  \

"Drinking heavily the night before."
   \

Pope Pixie Pickle

Rik Mayall was amazing, my mum used to let me watch it when I was about 6. :lulz: :lulz:

Darth Cupcake

Wanna know how to avoid a hangover?
Don't stop drinking.
            \
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Richter

"THE DOORBELL JUST BLEW UP!"
   \                                                                                                 "VYVYAN!"
     \                                                                                                    /

VYVYAN, VYVYAN, VYVYAN.... Everytime something explodes in this house, IT'S ALWAYS BLOODY VYVYAN!"
  \

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

That One Guy

\

This is EXACTLY what I was picturing when Lentils were mentioned - love the Young Ones!
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: That One Guy on August 27, 2009, 04:03:46 PM
  \

This is EXACTLY what I was picturing when Lentils were mentioned - love the Young Ones!

The Young Ones was the best ONLY GOOD show on TV.  Ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

StoneCrowUK

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 27, 2009, 03:25:21 PM
Altho keeping chickens for eggs and the occasional bird for the table is a smart move.

from personal experience if you can get chickens to work youll get alot of eggs and with every batch of chicks you get you'll get 50% cockerels, so plenty of tasty chicken and after each batch of chicks ( unless you eat them all ) youll have to change the cockerel so more meat!
Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

East Coast Hustle

Detroit used to have a program where property that had been abandoned as urban blight would be sold for just about nothing so that it could be back on the city tax rolls.

I remember seeing an old brewery building for sale for an almost inconceivably low price, like under 20 grand.

or, put another way, a grand each from 20 of us.

Also, if this ever comes anywhere near fruition, count me in. You'll need someone who knows how to cook ANYTHING with ANYTHING, and you'll need connections to the "unofficial economy".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Verbal Mike

You guys should get started ASAP. I'll hop on over when I have my degree in 2011. :D
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

Bye mom, I'm moving into an abandoned factory in Detroit! BTW, can you make sure my body isn't buried in Michigan?

Captain Utopia

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on August 31, 2009, 04:53:04 AM
or, put another way, a grand each from 20 of us.
Which would be harder? 20x $1,000 or 20,000x $1 ?

Cause I'm now thinking Commune Timeshare. Advertise the Real DiscordianTM experience (you know: free love, cheech and chong movie marathons, elvis look-a-like competitions, rant workshops, etc). How hard is it to out-sex Scientology? I'm sure you could get more people interested in securing their place than who would actually show up.

For example, if in any year, you assume 10% turnout for any 5-day slot, that's only about 25-30 guests at a time. If you up the investment to $5, then you're down to a more manageable 5-6 guests. Plus on top of that you have a yearly "maintenance fee", charge "guest fees" for bringing along recruits friends, invest all that into new infrastructure and it's the perfect scam business plan.