News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Goddammit, LMNO, WTF?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2009, 04:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I quit smoking ages ago, and every once in a while - today for example - I'm back to DAY FUCKING ONE of withdrawl.  Totally at random.

At what point does this shit end?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 04:52:23 PM
I quit smoking ages ago, and every once in a while - today for example - I'm back to DAY FUCKING ONE of withdrawl.  Totally at random.

define 'ages'....
how long do i have to look forward to this?  it happens every so often to me, after about 3 years. 
there has been a handful of times that the wife and i have actually got away from the kiddos to have a night of debauchery and bought a pack ($6 this last time!!!) and didn't want to touch them again for a long time, but every so often i smell one and it smells good....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on August 26, 2009, 05:15:16 PM

how long do i have to look forward to this?  it happens every so often to me, after about 3 years. 

:x

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I like to stand close to my friends when they smoke. And breathe deeply.
They think I'm just being creepy so I'll do something weird like sniff their hair real hard and smile like I'm gonna lure em into a van.

Why do they tolerate me?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on August 26, 2009, 05:22:11 PM
I like to stand close to my friends when they smoke. And breathe deeply.
They think I'm just being creepy so I'll do something weird like sniff their hair real hard and smile like I'm gonna lure em into a van.

Why do they tolerate me?

Boobs.

Sir Squid Diddimus

The Good Reverend Roger

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I am so glad that I don't smoke... tobacco. That craving/addiction shit sounds rough.  :sad:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 26, 2009, 05:33:58 PM
I am so glad that I don't smoke... tobacco. That craving/addiction shit sounds rough.  :sad:

Naw.  It's only like your head is full of angry wasps that all want to be in your stomach at the same time, and Bernie Goetz has control over your higher functions, and you have to shit.  Blood.

Sir Squid Diddimus

OMG!

That's EXACTLY what it's like!

Nail on the head man.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 26, 2009, 05:33:58 PM
depends.....
different people are different.
i 'tried' to quit half dozen times for just health reasons and failed PDQ.
i quit after wife and i decided to try for kids.  not much problems at all.
rarely have cravings,  have indulged a few times, and without urge to pick it back up after that.
I've had friends that have quit for 6 months or a year, and then start up again cause they 'couldn't take it any more'....
go figure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on August 26, 2009, 05:40:42 PM
OMG!

That's EXACTLY what it's like!

Nail on the head man.

Actually, I found the description lacking. 

It needed something about how your head is in a racecar, and the rest of you is in the bathroom with low-grade constipation.

LMNO

Consider it retaliation for the "unexpected" deluge of rain Boston got between 4:05 and 4:15 -- which, incidentally, is exactly when I was walking home from work.

Elder Iptuous

are you sure that was tobacco?
you bought those 'cigarettes' from the angry bum on the corner for a handful of washers, didn't you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on August 26, 2009, 05:49:12 PM

Consider it retaliation for the "unexpected" deluge of rain Boston got between 4:05 and 4:15 -- which, incidentally, is exactly when I was walking home from work.

I was provoked.