News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Fox News viewer comments regarding Ted Kennedy

Started by Da6s, August 27, 2009, 07:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://intershame.com/on/Fox_Nation/

Words can't describe.

Here's the intro from that site:

QuoteOn the day longtime U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy passed away, news outlets around the country devoted a considerable amount of time to remembering his career. Fox News reporter Molly Line contributed to one such article posted on foxnews.com.

Like most websites, foxnews.com allows its readers the opportunity to provide feedback about the stories they post.

Below is a sampling of those comments. Be warned - most, if not all of these are not safe for your intellect...

Edit: added quote
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jenne

Will I lose braincells if I read this?  Cuz I'm not sure I have too many to spare here.

*goes to read it anyway, Masochist that she is*

...eta: meh, wouldn't load for me.

Cain

Server is apparently bust.

This is why its usually good to quote a few, for prosperity's sake.

AFK

I read a few of them when it worked, and it was a variety of "now he'll burn in hell" sentiments.  Lots of ALL CAPS posts.  Hitler references.  The ususal unimaginative schtick. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

HITLER?  They are SO unimaginative.  Swear to gawd.

LMNO

Someone has to tell the GOP about Godwin's Law.

Jenne

What?!  You think they'd listen?  All they hear is the sound of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh bouncing off the empty chamber between their ears.

Cain

One of the greatest ironies of the twenty first century will be how fascism has become a meaningless word at exactly the same time it is starting to make a comeback.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2009, 03:30:24 PM
One of the greatest ironies of the twenty first century will be how fascism has become a meaningless word at exactly the same time it is starting to make a comeback.

:potd:

AFK

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2009, 03:30:24 PM

...and this will be added to my sig line over at PCF.  with proper credit btw. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Da6s

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2009, 10:24:48 AM
Server is apparently bust.

This is why its usually good to quote a few, for prosperity's sake.

Couldn't sort out worthy quotes. It was all the same neuron-killing rabble you'd expect it to be.

Edit: Sites back up it seems. Try again if you want.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on August 28, 2009, 02:15:25 PM

DO NOT KILL THE FUNNY.

First and only warning.  I'll burn this bastard down, I swear to fucking God.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on August 28, 2009, 07:33:19 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 28, 2009, 02:15:25 PM
Ahem: http://chaoskeptic.blogspot.com/2009/08/americans-for-godwins-law.html

:mittens:

BUT: will they LISTEN?  Lampooning only goes so far with this crowd.  After all, their current bastion of feminine sanctity is Sarah fucking Palin and Peggy fucking Noonan.