News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

#teenageproblems

Started by Pariah, September 23, 2009, 01:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Glen Miller is the fucking man, man. I don't know why you had to lump him in with all that old-people music.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

Quote from: Slyph on April 28, 2011, 10:28:41 PM
I want to ask a question bout downhill sailing

Is it a mixed metaphor if you can picture it and you wnat to fucking do it because the image is tha d damn fun?
You'll have to wait until you reach that "Downhill Sailing" part of your life to truly understand, Grasshopper. Just think, when you're in your youth, they say "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger".
And that's all very well, as far as meaningless cliches go, but now, it's more like "What doesn't kill me had better be able to run, very fucking fast!" (Cuz now I'm rolling like Thunder. With a proper good head of wind behind it!)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BabylonHoruv

I think it was Chris Rock that said "Whatever you were listening to about the first time you got laid is what you'll be listening to for the rest of your life"
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

Thank god he was wrong about that. There's only so much of Axl Rose's voice I could take over a lifetime.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

yeah I'm not that keen on Hendrix either.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 28, 2011, 10:34:49 PM
Glen Miller is the fucking man, man. I don't know why you had to lump him in with all that old-people music.

And one day, he will crawl back out of the channel and wreak a bloody vengeance.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 28, 2011, 11:33:40 PM
I think it was Chris Rock that said "Whatever you were listening to about the first time you got laid is what you'll be listening to for the rest of your life"

Yep.

ELO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: Nigel on April 29, 2011, 12:08:57 AM
yeah I'm not that keen on Hendrix either.

Hendrix is, er, was the man.  That's what rock is missing these days.  A guy like Hendrix who was ridiculously talented, but who seemingly was able to tap that talent in a very effortless way.  He oozed rock and roll. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

I don't have any recordings of crickets and frogs so that is difficult for me. 

BadBeast

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on April 29, 2011, 01:14:22 AM

I was listening to the sound of nearby Pigs, getting unloaded from a Train, to a slaughterhouse stockyard. (Or rather, trying not to listen to them, but horribly aware of them nonetheless)
Brings a whole different meaning to the expression "Makin' Bacon".
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What's funny is that I do.  :lulz: You can listen to the Hendrix, I'll fuck to crickets and frogs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: BadBeast on April 29, 2011, 01:30:57 AM

I was listening to the sound of nearby Pigs, getting unloaded from a Train, to a slaughterhouse stockyard. (Or rather, trying not to listen to them, but horribly aware of them nonetheless)

Well then for you I would recommend one of A Klokwerk Kaos' albums.  I think it's pretty much the same thing. 

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on April 29, 2011, 01:27:43 PM

Well then for you I would recommend one of A Klokwerk Kaos' albums.  I think it's pretty much the same thing. 

:spittake:

BadBeast

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on April 29, 2011, 01:27:43 PM

I've heard some of his tuneless cacophonic wibble existentialist post baroque uber-hipsterite stuff.  (After his "tricky" third Album) But to my coarse and un-sophisticated ear,  there always seemed to be something missing.
Like any kind of tune, or discernable beat structure. Very creative use of the whole concept of "Music"  really. Reminiscent of  the tortured peristaltic process of some sick ruminant beast trying to void it's bowels through Ableton Live 5.
But at least I know why I was starting to feel curiously aroused by it now.
Alison **&%$ in the sidings, behind Bowyers Pork Pie factory. (Twice) She wanted me to do her up the wrong 'un, but I didn't fancy it. 

AFK

You've seen the YouTube videos of him performing right?  If not, YOU MUST.