News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Man attempts to breastfeed infants

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, September 25, 2009, 12:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

http://sittingnow.co.uk/archives/1458
Ragnar Bengtsson, a 26-year-old student at Stockholm University, is regularly breaking out a breast pump to induce lactation. Bengtsson is the father of a 2-year-old child, but he has no plans to nurse his toddler. Rather he wants to breast-feed future children and inspire other dads to offer their breasts as a way to bond with their children at earlier stages of development.

"Anything that doesn't do any harm is worth trying out. And if it works it could prove very important for men's ability to get much closer to their children at an early stage," Bengtsson told The Local, an English newspaper in Sweden.

The story was major headline news in the Nordic country, and now it's making the rounds on all the parenting blogs. The story will probably continue to escalate as Bengtsson's efforts will be documented by Swedish TV8. Also, he maintains a blog on the station's Web site.

I'm not quite sure if this is weird enough to qualify as 'high wierdness', but it's probably more unusual than agricultural fertility cults.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Golden Applesauce

If this works, it will make for some veeeerrry interesting discussions with feminists.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

MMIX

Quote from: GA on September 25, 2009, 12:37:04 AM
If this works, it will make for some veeeerrry interesting discussions with feminists.

. . . why??? . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Template

Quote from: MMIX on September 25, 2009, 12:42:55 AM
Quote from: GA on September 25, 2009, 12:37:04 AM

. . . why??? . . .

Men playing at borders of "femeninity".  Is it welcome?  Should it be accepted or aided?

or

??? 

Triple Zero

STOP SAME-SEX BREASTFEEDING

BREASTFEEDING SHOULD BE BETWEEN A WOMAN AND A BABBY
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 25, 2009, 08:12:58 AM
STOP SAME-SEX BREASTFEEDING

BREASTFEEDING SHOULD BE BETWEEN A WOMAN AND A BABBY

IF MAN BREASTS FEED A BABBY, THAT HOW IS GAY IS FORMED AND JESUS CRIES.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I just can't get past the hairy nipples......  :x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Scientists somewhere (can't remember where) were working, at one time, on a hormone treatment that would induce male lactation. Seems to me that prolactin would do it, but what the hell do I know.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on September 25, 2009, 04:13:04 PM
Scientists somewhere (can't remember where) were working, at one time, on a hormone treatment that would induce male lactation. Seems to me that prolactin would do it, but what the hell do I know.

Excessive stimulation over an extended period WILL do it alone in many males.

I think the question is whether guys want boobs or not.

Wait, they'd probably LIKE it.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Pope Pixie Pickle

http://web.archive.org/web/20040612183349/http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_700634.html

i have seen some accounts of other men when stranded wif no wimmenz and babbies who started to breastfeed, historical accounts too...

LMNO

Men actually have the glands needed to create breastmilk?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Kai on September 25, 2009, 04:28:40 PM

how excessive and how long a period? like rubbing them for 10 minutes daily?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Brotep

It is possible IIRC, only men aren't capable of producing as much milk as women.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think the application they were hoping for was one where the lactation could be triggered with a single injection (this seems like something they could use in women who have a hard time with their milk coming in, too) and the it would be sustained naturally by the stimulation of the baby feeding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

No thanks.  My frame doesn't need counterbalances. :x
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat