News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Stay classy, Dan Riehl

Started by Cain, September 29, 2009, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Dan Riehl, everyone's favourite far-right extremist, has a novel theory about the census guy, Bill Sparkman, who was found hanged with the word "FED" written on his chest.

Apparently, he may have been killed because he was a pedophile.  Evidence?  He was 51 and unmarried, with no children.  So obviously he was asking for it. 

This is just another friendly reminder that the far-right in the USA are literally psychopaths, and will offer any sort of crazy theory to justify someone being killed.  That other right wing nutters, like Michelle Bachmann have also been claiming that census workers are part of a nefarious government plot to get information that will be used to incarcerate people, may explain why Riehl feels compelled to try and spin the death of this man favourably.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2009/09/was-census-worker-bill-sparkman-a-child-predator.html

The Good Reverend Roger

Sort of like Bill O'Rielly explaining why Dr Tiller's death was justified.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Remington

See also: Was Bill Sparkman a pedophile? I mean, we`re not saying he was, just that it`s something that people should be asking questions about.

CoughcoughGlennBeckcough
Is it plugged in?

Iason Ouabache

Sadly, No also pointed out that Riehl has no wife or children. I wonder if he is also a pedophile and wrote this article to throw people off of his trail.

The comment section that the article is awesome, btw. Too bad he closed it already.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Halfbaked1

I just figured that the poor sod was killed by some right winger who got all hopped up after fapping to Glenn Beck show videos on YouTube and thought he would impress the object of his affection.

AFK

And even if it were blatantly so, The American People wouldn't give a shit.  I really think that is where we are right now.  Someone could kill someone in the name of Glen Beck, because of ginned up irrational hate, and there would be no meaningful outcry.  I think it is only going to get worse.  It's like the American public have been hypnotized and can't see what's really going on here. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

...although Jon Stewart advocated Glenn Beck offing himself on air and the audience went wild...I think there's just as strong a push AGAINST Glenn Beck and assholes like Sean Hannity as there is a pull for them.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 30, 2009, 11:12:37 AM
And even if it were blatantly so, The American People wouldn't give a shit.  I really think that is where we are right now.  Someone could kill someone in the name of Glen Beck, because of ginned up irrational hate, and there would be no meaningful outcry.  I think it is only going to get worse.  It's like the American public have been hypnotized and can't see what's really going on here. 

That spider is one busy motherfucker.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Jenne on September 30, 2009, 04:52:15 PM
...although Jon Stewart advocated Glenn Beck offing himself on air and the audience went wild...I think there's just as strong a push AGAINST Glenn Beck and assholes like Sean Hannity as there is a pull for them.

In a way, that's almost worse.  If we aren't there already, we are rapidly approaching the point where no one need ever listen to a news program that doesn't confirm their opinions, and eventually losing touch with those who disagree with them to the point where nobody could fathom the motives of someone somewhere else on the political scale.  I do not see a viable democracy in such a situation.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Requia ☣

Thats not exactly a new situation.  Newspapers used to all be heavily biased towards one side or the other, sometime in the early 20th century the idea of neutral point of view caught on.  We're returning to the old 19th century model, but with bigger media outlets thanks to better tech.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Template

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 03, 2009, 04:19:42 AM
Thats not exactly a new situation.  Newspapers used to all be heavily biased towards one side or the other, sometime in the early 20th century the idea of neutral point of view caught on.  We're returning to the old 19th century model, but with bigger media outlets thanks to better tech.

Reminds me of the Hearst part of the cannabis story: sensational stories about the harm of cannabis to sell papers and get hemp out of the running as an industrial material for paper and fibers.

Now that we can sell everything, though, and not just concrete things (like paper and newspapers), what all will be demonized?

Telarus

++what all will be demonized?++

Questioning Authority.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!