What the fuuuuuuuuuuck? Cryogenics horrormirth.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, October 02, 2009, 09:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:  :lulz:

He got off lucky, you should have seen the hazing ritual I went through.
                                  \
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2009, 10:43:23 PM
"Chilling"?

GODDAMMIT RWHN!

Heh.  I'd have gone there too.  Which is probably why I'm not a journalist.  Well, one of the reasons.  Also, this means the Red Sox are going to get swept.  And so begins the curse of the Ted Head. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

:horrormirth: The first thing that came to my mind was the striking similarity to the Doktors For "BOB"'s act*. Its clearly a knockoff, although the Alcor people have the Doktors beat in one respect since they have the actual head of a professional athlete, and not just a graven image like the Doktors have.

*For those of you unfamiliar with the Doktors for "BOB", part of their act usually involves using a golf club to launch a graven image of Arnold Palmer's** head.

**Arnold Palmer is a famous professional golfer.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Iason Ouabache

This makes me hate John Henry Williams even more. I don't care that he died back in 2004. Dig up his body and shove a bat up his ass.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Template

:vom:

QuoteJohnson writes that holes were drilled in Williams' severed head for the insertion of microphones, then frozen in liquid nitrogen while Alcor employees recorded the sounds of Williams' brain cracking 16 times as temperatures dropped to -321 degrees Fahrenheit.

:asplode:

LMNO

Kai

When the cells are dead, they're DEAD, baby. Chilled or no.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

When this hit the news up here, people flipped the fuck OUT.

Lol @ superstitious Red Sox fans

:argh!: @ this whole story, it disgusts me.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Thurnez Isa

QuoteA former paramedic, Johnson first blew the whistle on Alcor in a 2003 Sports Illustrated article about Williams' stored body.

He drew criticism at the time for an aborted attempt to sell photos online purportedly showing Williams' corpse.

Johnson said he hopes his book will help fulfill the wishes Williams expressed in his will - that his body be cremated and the ashes "sprinkled at sea off the coast of Florida, where the water is very deep."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/10/02/2009-10-02_book_reveals_chilling_details_of_how_cryonic_lab_thumped_remains_of_baseball_imm.html?page=1#ixzz0T4DNpFOj

thats the best part for me
:lulz:

Im disgusted...
Im going to blow the whistle...

....and profit $$$$

ALSO: I guess his will also says, "write a book and sell pictures of my mutilated corpse online while your at it"  :lulz:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante