News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Pills

Started by Golden Applesauce, October 08, 2009, 12:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2009, 12:02:53 AM
Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2009, 11:58:14 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 09, 2009, 09:58:21 PM

no but seriously, I have no idea what that could be. maybe Nigel has an idea?

Not really. Every once in a while I'll get something "zap" like, like something goes "BZZZZT!" in my brain and I'm all woken up in a weird way, but it's not typical. Although come to think of it, it does seem to only happen right at the beginning of getting auras, which are the perception changes/dizziness that happen right before a seizure. That particular sensation almost always precedes a strong sense of jamais-vu. Maybe TGRR's epileptic.  :lulz:

Then throw me in the tub with the laundry.

TGRR,
Nothing if not useful.

You've always been a good agitator...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Corvidia

Quote from: fomenter on October 08, 2009, 09:38:03 PM
i  personally don't like the types of drugs they give for depression the new gen lithium/prosac, they lobotomize the frontal lobe, its like putting a fast moving car   in first gear the engine revs and gears grind, its not a good feeling i would rather have a normal functioning mind and fight off or deal with depressing thoughts on my own (this is not best for everyone..or in any way reasonable medical advice)
I really can't answer for prozac/zoloft, etc. (because new anti-d's are very bad for me and I will never, ever take them again) personally, though I can say I've never noticed such effects in my friends and family, but I CAN tell you the old stuff sucks pretty bad. I've been given an old anti-d for insomnia called doxepin. This stuff will   KNOCK   YOU    OUT   faster and more thoroughly than anything else I've been given for it (including barbiturates). I try not to take it because I'm out of it the next day, too. Can you imagine living like that full time? Can you imagine slogging through life so fuzzy and goofy you can't actually do anything? I mean, it's a nice, pleasant goofiness, but I can't work or read or do anything useful for the entire next day.

But if I could take newer anti-d's without loosing my mind, I'd rather take them than stuff like doxepin.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 10, 2009, 12:37:19 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2009, 12:02:53 AM
Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2009, 11:58:14 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 09, 2009, 09:58:21 PM

no but seriously, I have no idea what that could be. maybe Nigel has an idea?

Not really. Every once in a while I'll get something "zap" like, like something goes "BZZZZT!" in my brain and I'm all woken up in a weird way, but it's not typical. Although come to think of it, it does seem to only happen right at the beginning of getting auras, which are the perception changes/dizziness that happen right before a seizure. That particular sensation almost always precedes a strong sense of jamais-vu. Maybe TGRR's epileptic.  :lulz:

Then throw me in the tub with the laundry.

TGRR,
Nothing if not useful.

You've always been a good agitator...

:crankey:

TGRR,
Just noticed that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

So without trying to piss off anyone... my experiences with the psych field have not been very useful.

My (now) ex-wife, for example, was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and had a Chemical Imbalance. When I asked for details about these things, What Kind of Chemicals are out of balance? Which ones are causing this behavior? What is Borderline Personality Disorder? I got no useful answers, not even from the guy we were paying money to and who was diagnosing her.

He didn't do any blood work, or an MRI or anything besides talk to her, and yet he knew she had a 'chemical imbalance'. I mean, did he use a dowsing rod? I hear they're good at bomb detection, so maybe they can detect imbalances as well...

And the BPD diagnosis... it's apparently the "Dunno what else to call it, so take these meds" disease.

Oddly enough, once we got a divorce, she left the crazy religion and she was free to go play around and not feel tied to a relationship, all of her problems went away. I guess her chemicals got magically rebalanced.

I know some people that are on drugs and need them*. I know a lot of people that are on drugs and I must wonder if they, like my ex are eating pills instead of fixing their life. And I know some people that seem fine until they talk to their friends that say "OH, you have depression, you  need to get on some medication to help that!!" One of my friends seems to think that any problem you have should be solved by a visit to the Dr for some pills, because he's on pills now and his life is just wonderful! (Except for all the times he complains to me about how much his life sucks... and how he has this problem or that problem in his work or relationships...) if that's fixed, I'll take lasagna.

* Sentence included to ensure that it is clear I am not talking about ALL mental diagnoses or ALL prescriptions etc.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

You divorced Sjaantze? Aww, didn't know that man. Good to hear she's doing better, I suppose.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

no his wife! from his brainwashed xtian days

Triple Zero

OOooh! Hahahahaha, I thought when he said "crazy religion" he was talking about Discordianism hehehehe ... The other crazy religion :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.