News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Bathroom Graffiti as Literature

Started by Dimocritus, October 13, 2009, 04:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Most writings in bathroom stalls remain in the realm of sophomoric humor and purposeless nonsense. Although, every now and again, you find a golden nugget, a diamond in the roughage if you would. These bits of insightful (and often hilarious) scribble are all the more potent considering that they are almost completely unexpected. My favorite example of this is the following quote from a McDonalds bathroom:

QuoteAny asshole can piss on the floor. Be a hero and shit on the ceiling.

So, ITT, we list all the would-be-literary-masterfeces of the John Keats of the John. So quit stalling and relieve yourself of what you've seen.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Golden Applesauce

Yeah, I've seen that one before.  Bathroom graffiti  would be better, I think, it it were original more often.

Anyway,

Here I sit
brokenhearted
Tried to shit
but only farted
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Eater of Clowns

There's a Borders in Boston near the central branch of the Boston Public Library that has a bunch of pun graffiti on the second floor.

It's all written in the grout between tiles on the wall and reads such as:

Grout Expectations
The Grout Gatsby
In Grout We Trust
etc.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 13, 2009, 09:07:22 PM
There's a Borders in Boston near the central branch of the Boston Public Library that has a bunch of pun graffiti on the second floor.

It's all written in the grout between tiles on the wall and reads such as:

Grout Expectations
The Grout Gatsby
In Grout We Trust
etc.

That seems a bit grout-uitous...

Cramulus

Dimocritus

Let's not say anything we might re-grout...

Yeah, that was pretty terrible.

Whatever, let's potty like it were 1999.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

MMIX

"He'll come in a minute", she said, stirring her coffee with the other hand."

Oxford student pub ladies loo many years ago

edited for punctuation fail - yes it DOES fucking matter . . .  :oops:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Rococo Modem Basilisk

There is a stall in one of the Yale libraries where someone went in and proofread all the other graffiti. I don't know if that counts, but it made me lol.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on October 16, 2009, 03:09:03 PM
There is a stall in one of the Yale libraries where someone went in and proofread all the other graffiti. I don't know if that counts, but it made me lol.

:lulz: That's great, I might steal that bit.

BigBadCalla

I was taking a crap in a Borders the other day.  Most of the wall was taken up by a big multi-person religious debate.  Some, of course, were "Jesus is your only path to salvation, accept him or burn in hell!" followed by "There's no evidence, bad things have been done in the name of religion, etc."  It was probably the biggest ongoing debate I've seen in a bathroom stall.

Also hidden among these paragraphs was "Heisenberg may have shit here."  I may have laughed out loud at that one.
The author of this signature kindly asks that you not reproduce it in any copyrighted printed material.

bob-o

Quote from: BigBadCalla on October 20, 2009, 10:26:04 PM
Also hidden among these paragraphs was "Heisenberg may have shit here."  I may have laughed out loud at that one.

that took me a second but it is hilarious!

unfortunately i've only seen childish shit in the bathrooms i've been in, like "for a good time call..."

bob-o
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

dontblameyoko

Quote from: BigBadCalla on October 20, 2009, 10:26:04 PM
I was taking a crap in a Borders the other day.  Most of the wall was taken up by a big multi-person religious debate.  Some, of course, were "Jesus is your only path to salvation, accept him or burn in hell!" followed by "There's no evidence, bad things have been done in the name of religion, etc."  It was probably the biggest ongoing debate I've seen in a bathroom stall.

I remember seeing a debate/flamewar on a bathroom stall door at the University of Tennessee in 2000.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby