News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

I give it until tomorrow before this causes a shitstorm.

Started by La Terrorista, October 15, 2009, 05:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Not only would she beat him, she's break every bone in his hand just by squeezing.

H. Neandertalis had scary forceps (yes you can tell how big the muscles are by looking at the bone, the stronger the muscle the bigger the distortion on the bone where the muscle attaches).  Not really a fair comparison though, a Neanderthal woman would have beat prehistoric H Sapiens men too.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Remington

Neanderthals didn't have guns, though.

We may be lacking in physical strength, but we compensate through technology.
Is it plugged in?

Requia ☣

Yep, of course the late period fuckers had bigger brains then us, and tools to match. We should probably be thankful our ancestors took them out so quick, or they'd have gotten guns first.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Sir Remington III on October 15, 2009, 06:42:23 AM
Neanderthals didn't have guns, though.
And Hummers.
And steroids.
And cigars.
And full-automatic weapons.
And shitty movie careers.
And sexual harassment charges.

I forget where I was going with this.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 15, 2009, 06:20:51 AM
Not only would she beat him, she's break every bone in his hand just by squeezing.

H. Neandertalis had scary forceps (yes you can tell how big the muscles are by looking at the bone, the stronger the muscle the bigger the distortion on the bone where the muscle attaches).  Not really a fair comparison though, a Neanderthal woman would have beat prehistoric H Sapiens men too.

Gotta get me one of them.  Did they drink rum and listen to the rock and the roll?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Template

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 15, 2009, 06:49:32 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 15, 2009, 06:20:51 AM

Gotta get me one of them.  Did they drink rum and listen to the rock and the roll?

:lulz:

OP reminded me of your Least Fit Monkey rant.

Cain

Quote from: Requia ☣ on October 15, 2009, 06:45:48 AM
Yep, of course the late period fuckers had bigger brains then us, and tools to match.

Are you sure?  Everything I've read suggested they had a smaller toolkit than contemporary Cro-Magnon.

Also, they didn't store food.  Some would consider this a flaw, and it may suggest they lacked the social organisation for long-term planning.

LMNO

I was under the impression that this was because the food simply migrated their way when they were hungry.

Kai

This is all well and good, but my question,

what the hell muscle is a forcept?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

I think that was the one they used for gynecological exams. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

PAGING GENERAL STUART.

GENERAL STUART TO THIS THREAD PLZ.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on October 15, 2009, 01:15:53 PM
I was under the impression that this was because the food simply migrated their way when they were hungry.

troof.

also, 2/3 of neanderthal women deserved what they got.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Yep, of course the late period fuckers had bigger brains then us, and tools to match. We should probably be thankful our ancestors took them out so quick, or they'd have gotten guns first.

The size of a brain is not necessarily relative to intelligence. Just sayin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on October 16, 2009, 09:58:13 PM

The size of a brain is not necessarily relative to intelligence. Just sayin.

True, to a degree.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.