News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Film Flam

Started by Dimocritus, October 15, 2009, 11:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Just watching Kontroll.  From the TV description:

QuoteA Hungarian black comedy in which a group of Budapest Metro ticket inspectors juggle skiving on the job and tracking down a serial killer loose in the system.

Naturally, it's subtitled, and fairly well.  The atmosphere is quite good, and the black humour is sometimes fairly subtle.  For a director's first film, it's fairly good.

Luna

Watching Little Shop of Horrors.

The 1960's version.

This one creeped me out beyond words when I was a kid.

I'm at the bit about the dentist.  Eeek.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 10, 2011, 07:28:52 AM
Quote from: Jenne on September 09, 2011, 09:26:59 PM
They are remaking Beetlejuice.  :|

They're remaking everything.  I predict in the next three or four years they'll be remaking The Crow.  Which, I don't know about you guys, but I think that movie is totelly orsim.

:lulz:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340094/

going to be written by ... nick cave??? http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/exclusive-nick-cave-rewrite-crow-remake-19578

Jenne

Yeah, I'm not surprised.

It's like Hollywood's taking that "nothing new under the sun" concept and running the fuck to Mars with it.

Luna

Dear Hollywood Fucktards,

You may NOT remake movies which were produced during my lifetime.

Knock it the fuck off, or I will rip out your bowels via your navels and strangle you with them.

Love and kisses,
Luna
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

Except when it involves radioactive sewer sludge that changes turtles into jedis.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Scribbly

Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with the grandparents today.

I think that movie actually raped my dog whilst I was watching it.  :cry:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Faust

Hi everyone.

Driver. See it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Placid Dingo

Cowboys and Aliens is wasted potential.

History Boys was very very good.

I might actually watch The Crow if Cave's involved.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I heard that "Drive" was excellent, even though reviewers seem to hate it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I just saw City of Lost Children today.  The one with subtitles, dubs make me angry. 

But yeah, I didn't used to like Ron Perlman because he looks like this creeper I know, but then I watched this movie and I was all "OH JESUS THOSE MUSCLES NNNNNGAAAAHHH..." and I forgot my point.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've owned that movie for over six years, but have never watched it. I've started it a few times, but somehow each time I get interrupted.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

kingyak

Saw Killer Elite last night. It's a decent enough black ops/hitman type action flick, but if I'd realized it was based on a true story, I probably would have lowered my expectations accordingly and enjoyed it more. IMO, if you've got the guy from Shoot 'Em Up and the guy from Crank both starring int your movie, it's a huge waste of potential to do anything even remotely based in reality, so I was wanting all kinds of crazy over-the-top action.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Triple Zero

I thought those were the same guy? :?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on September 24, 2011, 09:07:09 PM
Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with the grandparents today.

I think that movie actually raped my dog whilst I was watching it.  :cry:

Really?  I've only read one review so far, but the impression I got that, while it was slow, it was slow in the way The Godfather is slow, and that just made the sense of paranoia even more tense.  And the reviewer spoke highly of the setting and costumes.