News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Suu's day in a real corset...Or...how to re-learn how to breathe and move.

Started by Suu, October 19, 2009, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Suu

Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 19, 2009, 09:41:14 PM
why exactly are you trying to crush your insides?

For science.

...and properly fitting Victorian and Edwardian clothing of course.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

but but....why not just ...i dunno....get clothes that fit already. CRAZY VICTORIANS  :argh!:

Suu

Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 19, 2009, 09:44:36 PM
but but....why not just ...i dunno....get clothes that fit already. CRAZY VICTORIANS  :argh!:

They'd think you were crazy too!

Dysnomia

BECAUSE THAT'S TOO EASY AND LOGICAL FRED

I should get me one of themz tapeverrms...gotta get me into that 18inch waist liek Scarlett O'Hara (before the baby)

Suu

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Dysnomia

lets all get corsets and re-arrange our organs to have smaller waists!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

True fact: wearing a corset or waist-cincher after childbirth helps you regain your figure way, way faster. It pushes all those stretched-out stomach muscles back into place and supports them there while they contract and heal. I wore one after all three pregnancies and I lost that "shapeless potato" look in record time, which is to say, about a week.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

It's incredibly supportive on the back as well.

I still feel weird. I need to get some food in my belly and adjust how I want it to fit better.

Dysnomia

my grandma did that Nigel, and got her figure back every time.  If I am ever knocked up, I'll be doing the same.  Till then corsets I think are going to be reserved for sexytiem and ren faires.   :fap:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on October 19, 2009, 11:23:58 PM
my grandma did that Nigel, and got her figure back every time.  If I am ever knocked up, I'll be doing the same.  Till then corsets I think are going to be reserved for sexytiem and ren faires.   :fap:

It completely works! Grandmas are pretty smart most of the time. They know shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

So tomorrow I'm going to try to leave it on for a full 4 hours after work. I'm nervous about wearing it while working until I'm a bit more comfortable with moving in it in case we get slammed.

I also need to work on lacing myself into it, because without General Stuart here I'm shit out of luck otherwise. (The other roommates have already voiced their disapproval...Good god we need to get out of here ASAP.)