News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Wherein I Gloat.

Started by Medeo, October 22, 2009, 04:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeo

I have just beaten Contra III: The Alien Wars on Hard difficulty for the first time.

The end screen certifies that my "heroic deeds have restored peace to a war torn world."

No need to thank me.
"god's talking about the shaw play and not the greek myth. the greek myth is where this dude falls in love with a statue he made, and he gives it presents, but he's sad because the statue just stands there. but THEN it's a happy ending because the statue comes to life, and THEN, he sexes up the statue and has a kid with the statue!! ladies and gentlemen, the greek myths"

-Dinosaur Comics

Messier Undertree

:mittens:

I, for one, am impressed. I always sucked at Contra. And also Metal Slug.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Medeo

@Malachite

Thanks!

@JohNyx

(Also: Screw you, that game is really freaking hard  :aaa:)
"god's talking about the shaw play and not the greek myth. the greek myth is where this dude falls in love with a statue he made, and he gives it presents, but he's sad because the statue just stands there. but THEN it's a happy ending because the statue comes to life, and THEN, he sexes up the statue and has a kid with the statue!! ladies and gentlemen, the greek myths"

-Dinosaur Comics

The Johnny

actually im kind of jealous.

tried multiple times on 2 player mode...

even with GameGenie with infinite lives, it was a drag to go thru it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Lies

Congratulations, you have no life.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Medeo

Quote from: Lysergic on October 22, 2009, 07:59:58 AM
Congratulations, you have no life.

I'm posting here, ain't I? So I figure that's a bit of a foregone conclusion.

-Dinosaur Comics

I did that once. Srsly.

Hard fucking game... I used to tape down my controller on the third stage boss (I think, anyway its the ship/plane or whatever that drops bombs/dudes down at you) and leave, just to get extra lives for it.

Anyway, congratulations.

Iason Ouabache

Congrats on taking 17 years to beat a video game.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

Quote from: Medeo on October 22, 2009, 04:36:18 AM
I have just beaten Contra III: The Alien Wars on Hard difficulty for the first time.

The end screen certifies that my "heroic deeds have restored peace to a war torn world."

:mittens:

that game is super fucking hard

I can beat Contra I and II without dying, but can't even scratch #III on hard mode.

No need to thank me.

No no - we are in your debt. How could we have won the Alien Wars without the elite backflipping skills of Scorpion and Madd Dogg? I can only imagine the state of America if Red Falcon had succeeded

I like the noise those mosquito things on stage 2 make when you shoot them.

Bruno

I beat the original Contra several times, waaay back in the day, but only by using the ^^vv<><>BA[select][start] cheat code.
Formerly something else...

AFK

The original Contra was the bain of my young-gamer existence.  That and Castlevania: Simon's Quest. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RWH1N1 on October 22, 2009, 07:38:33 PM
The original Contra was the bain of my young-gamer existence.  That and Castlevania: Simon's Quest. 

"Bain"?  Is that some obscure pun?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

I just remembered something.... I used to play video games.

What was that last one I played?   Oh, yeah! Diablo II.

Do they still even make video games?

Formerly something else...