News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Is it in poor taste...

Started by Suu, October 26, 2009, 04:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

To put a spike on a helmet?

I'm doing pseudo-WWI propaganda on a tote bag, this will be for sale.

So far it says "Your Empire Needs You! ENLIST NOW!" Which I got from British posters of the time, and considering we all know the outcome, I'm wondering if the more conservative populace of the nation will be just a tad offended if I doodle in an Iron Cross and helmet spike.

I mean, it's not like I wrote the whole thing in German, right?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

No.  WWI German stuff doesn't have the same level of evil associated with it that WWII does.  Hitler was an evil man, but Kaiser Wilhelm was only trying to have a good time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

While I agree, please remember to take into consideration that most of the dumb fucking monkeys out there can no longer tell the difference between WWI and WWII, and might very well call the Red Baron a Nazi.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 26, 2009, 04:29:32 PM
While I agree, please remember to take into consideration that most of the dumb fucking monkeys out there can no longer tell the difference between WWI and WWII, and might very well call the Red Baron a Nazi.

Solution:  Headbutt with helmet, clean up one more stain on the bottom of the gene pool.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

This is an example of CORRECTHINK™.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 26, 2009, 04:31:35 PM
This is an example of CORRECTHINK™.

Why they passed me over for Pope in favor of the Nazi is totally beyond me.

I could fix all this shit.

AFK

If TGRR were pope I'd convert to Catholicism faster than you can say Friar Tuck.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

The Helmet spike was a common feature from Napoleonic Wars onwards.  It was popular across MANY more countries than Germany, so it should be fine.  

I'd always endorse something Soviet - medal esque (Order of Lenin)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RWH1N1 on October 26, 2009, 04:36:07 PM
If TGRR were pope I'd convert to Catholicism faster than you can say Friar Tuck.

1.  You gotta be married for a at least 5 years to be a priest.
2.  Condoms are mandatory, unless you are trying to have a kid.
3.  Having a 3rd kid gets you sent to hell.  Period, stop, the end.
4.  All that filthy boodle in the Vatican gets melted down and used to finance methods of halting desertification.
5.  When finished, the Vatican, the churches, and the outfits will make the Amish look like 1970s pimps.  Serious here.  Granite and linen.  NOTHING ELSE.
6.  Saint Tripzip's day will be celebrated on July 4th.  He chased the alligators out of Norway (Sound silly?  Google Saint Patrick.)
7.  The inquisition will be reinstated, to cleanse the temple of pedophiles.
8.  Penance will consist of doing nice things for people.
9.  Paul of Tarsus is out, Jesus is back in.  All the Jesii.
10.  John of Patmos will be moved to the "comedy" section of the bible.  People will be told to enjoy their time here while treating everyone nicely, rather than obsessing over death.

Also, beer.  

ETA:  Rule #3 will have a grandfather clause.

LMNO

Quote8.  Penance will consist of doing nice things for people.

This is both the most awesome and most depressing of the rules, due to the implications.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 26, 2009, 04:46:13 PM
Quote8.  Penance will consist of doing nice things for people.

This is both the most awesome and most depressing of the rules, due to the implications.

Monkeys will be monkeys.

Also, it will encourage nice people to sin, and we need more of that.

Faust

I still think the SS uniform is hotter.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on October 26, 2009, 04:47:34 PM
I still think the SS uniform is hotter.

Suu in an SS uniform?

There go my nipples again.

Suu

As much as I agree on the SS uniform, that's a bad idea all together.

Unfortunately, a lot of people see anything German and see NAZI without thinking.

If anything, since I wrote Empire, I could always draw the spike and write somewhere, "By Order of His Imperial Majesty, Norton I of the United States of America."

I think Norton would have approved of the spikes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on October 26, 2009, 04:51:17 PM
As much as I agree on the SS uniform, that's a bad idea all together.

Unfortunately, a lot of people see anything German and see NAZI without thinking.

If anything, since I wrote Empire, I could always draw the spike and write somewhere, "By Order of His Imperial Majesty, Norton I of the United States of America."

I think Norton would have approved of the spikes.
I think he would have required them.