News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Corporation T Shirt

Started by Richter, October 27, 2009, 02:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

It's a strange ride some times.  Strange Times we're riding in, as Cramulus told me.  That's life, that's part of the trip we're all on, one way or another, and we all know what we think of those who try to tell themselves otherwise. 

It's sucked down like koolaid with morphine and a euthanasia chaser, CNN telling you about an earthquake in botswana while the water rises outside.

It makes me want to scream like how we can drop tons of corn on Africa at the drop of a hat, but still have people freeze on street corners.  We can't smell our own shit, we like our own brand, and apparently that makes us fucking blind to the festering boil right under the chin of the body politic.  It's like one on some fat gluttonous fuck who just keeps stuffing down greasy food, pleased as a pig in a room of shit.  Religion crawled into that boil, trying to cure the sins of man, and died, now the foul puss is talking and preaching. Civil service, carried into it like blood plasma and rotted alongside. 

Bust the fucker with a pickaxe, sterilize it with fire and chemicals, stomp and squeeze it out until only patriotic blood runs clean behind it again.  A pitted scar is better than suffering the filth to be supported.   

I don't know where it's all going PD, but I'm starting to feel like I'm SANE again. 

Stupid Bloody Tuesday.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

:lulz:  and :mittens: 

(but, hey! I love Rog's green shirt!)

Cramulus

There is a structural similarity drawn between a human mind and this cultural contraption we're all operating.

A city can be like a person,
or a nation can be like a person,
or a culture can be like a person.

We're red blood cells in this giant amalgymated intelligence, this hivemind. All of our individual actions are like the competing drives and conflicted thoughts of some giant unseen creature.

Well I think that creature has schizophrenia, or some other mental disease*. She's hearing voices. She's too big, the stress is too much, the tentacles are in too many pies.

Hail Eris

*if mental disorders are defined as deviations from the norm, what the hell is the norm when we're talking about gigantic collective intelligences?

Richter

There is no norm, much less standard deviation I can see for the wailing infantile construct that is a community.  (Much less the headbanging retard of a national superpower.) 

The mental illness analogy is apt, but it's also described by levels of functionality.  Just saying "How different is it?" does us little good with such a small representative sample, so "What can it do?" may be a more valuable question.

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jenne

I think the real question is sometimes: 

Are you breaking IN?

or

Are you breaking OUT?

And how far are you willing to go in any extreme?  Again that "Into the Wild" movie comes to mind.  Divorcing what you've always known can be a strange symptom of individuality.  I think a lot of humans need connectivity in order to survive.

Also, if you've been without community by choice or circumstance, sometimes it's the only goal you have--re-obtaining it and suffering though it (again) just to feel and move and breathe without fear of consequence.  That's how I felt when I "divorced" Christianity.  The limits held me safe in their grasp, and without them, I was more lost than when I was in it fighting my way out.

Richter

It reminds me of "Dark City", where they break through the wall, and find only the yawning blackness of space.  You break away from everything, you get around to finding nothing.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anybody seen "pootie tang"? It is my new revolutionary inspiration.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I need to watch it over and over again!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 05:51:41 PM

Are you breaking IN?

or

Are you breaking OUT?

There is no "in" or "out".  There is only your 80 or so years, and how you choose to live.  Will you be a sheep, or a mouse living in the cracks, or some Godawful abomination that stomps around puking on the carpet and shitting all over what Decent Folk™ hold to be right and good?

But they aren't decent folk, are they?  And what they hold to be good and right would be improved by a coating of good old honest poop.  This is a fundamentally ill society, Jenne, and being a good citizen in such a place is a fatal mutation.

You can't get "out", you can only fix what's fixable and lay waste to the rest with fire and wrath.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 06:11:53 PM

Are you breaking IN?

or

Are you breaking OUT?

There is no "in" or "out".  There is only your 80 or so years, and how you choose to live.  Will you be a sheep, or a mouse living in the cracks, or some Godawful abomination that stomps around puking on the carpet and shitting all over what Decent Folk™ hold to be right and good?

But they aren't decent folk, are they?  And what they hold to be good and right would be improved by a coating of good old honest poop.  This is a fundamentally ill society, Jenne, and being a good citizen in such a place is a fatal mutation.

You can't get "out", you can only fix what's fixable and lay waste to the rest with fire and wrath.

This is true--I think for me it's the perception of what your brain tells you so it doesn't have to face what's really going on.  What I meant was that either way, you're in it, whether you perceive you are or you don't.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 02:27:52 PM
:lulz:  and :mittens: 

(but, hey! I love Rog's green shirt!)

Can't see it.  Will look at it at home.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Fuquad

Quote from: Nigel on October 28, 2009, 08:47:53 AM
Anybody seen "pootie tang"? It is my new revolutionary inspiration.
Is Wanda Sykes in it?

Yeah, I've seen it.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 28, 2009, 06:25:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 06:11:53 PM

Are you breaking IN?

or

Are you breaking OUT?

This is true--I think for me it's the perception of what your brain tells you so it doesn't have to face what's really going on.  What I meant was that either way, you're in it, whether you perceive you are or you don't.

I have very smart men working for me.  They do their job, they live their lives, and they don't ask questions about things they can't change.  It's a survival thing.

Me, I'm a fucking idiot. I am a monkey that just HAS to see, HAS to know, I can't stand anything less than the unadulterated truth, and it probably won't end well.