News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

An inane observation.

Started by Darth Cupcake, October 29, 2009, 06:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

You are FULL of potential, talent, vision... You have such opportunity. You are, of course, wasting it, and you know it, and you are unhappy.

What will you do about it, though? You can make these gestures, you can attempt to break out... But how far are you willing to go? How much are you willing to push and struggle against your bonds? And can you even do it? Are you even in control of your own self, or are you just some tiny creature, huddled and shaking deep inside the cavernous cage that is your body? You're so small and lonely in the echoing emptiness of your shell. No one can hear you if you scream.

You could, I suppose, go crazy and just explode. But even if you did, could you make your shell do your bidding and lash out too? And say you succeed. Will you get anywhere, or will you just dig yourself deeper into the hole? The more you struggle, the more the quicksand will suck you down.

And maybe the person trapped in the cell next to you is trying to get out too. Maybe you're both flailing, going down, fingers clawing for purchase as the light vanishes and the world around you closes over your head...

But no one can hear you scream.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Richter

The Demon known as comfort zone? 
What they do for work or fun is reliable and predictable, and they loose that taste for something ELSE.  Go to the job, get paid, buy the cookies you like, bills are paid, they're content, so what?  Life makes it easy to just get by, so self improvement gets lost along the way once economic homeostasis is reached.  Or they get in a rut and decide they can't, shouldn't or won't do any more. 

Why some folks loose the will or the courage to keep on doing so is beyond me, but then the sense that it's creeping up comes back.  (Kind of like The Spider)  I've talked with people who have said getting fired is the best thign that ever happened to them because it booted them out of that comfort or that rut.  Friendly reminders or kicks in the ass always work too. 

I opened a fortune cookie today : "It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat