News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Teabaggers take over 23rd District race from GOP

Started by Cain, November 02, 2009, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 04, 2009, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 04, 2009, 05:40:35 PM
Quote# A child born in the United States to non-citizens is not a citizen.
I'd love to see them change the Constitution for that one. I don't think they'd get much traction for a Repeal the 14th Amendment movement.

I wonder if they've considered what would happen if it was not only repealed, but the repeal was made retroactive...

Even if it only covers the current generation, I would lose my citizenship, despite a decade of service in the army.  :)

TGRR,
Born in Michigan, of two Canuckistanis.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 08:58:49 PM
I'd love to see them change the Constitution for that one. I don't think they'd get much traction for a Repeal the 14th Amendment movement.

I wonder if they've considered what would happen if it was not only repealed, but the repeal was made retroactive...

Even if it only covers the current generation, I would lose my citizenship, despite a decade of service in the army.  :)

TGRR,

It would be fun to watch them struggle to find a way of saying "Oh but it doesn't apply to white people" without actually saying it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 06:03:18 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache link=topic=22779.msg773751#msg773751

Well, helllllloooooooo, Jim Crow!   :lulz:
It must be a law that every single political party has to opposed to at least one Constitutional amendment without actually coming out and saying that we need to amend the Constitution. For instance: Conservative Party - 14th amendment. Constitution Party (lol!) 1st Amendment. Libertarian Party - 16th amendment. Republican party - 4th amendment. Democratic party - 2nd amendment?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

The Dems don't seem too keen on the 4th Ammendment either. Drug war, and all that (I know the GOP did it in, but that was with legislation that was drafted during the Clinton years, with his approval).

Also, I shit you not, Erick Erickson of RedState said this once the election was over:

QuoteThe race has now been called for Democrat Bill Owens.

This is a huge win for conservatives.

The problem is, all snark aside, he is kinda right.  The Movement showed they were willing to pout and not play along, and as a result, the GOP lost.  They may have lost anyway, given the all time low approval ratings of the Republican party, but we wont know that now, since the lunatic fringe decided on an all out assault on the GOP candidate.

The moderates are now put in a very tough position.  Be purged, or attempt to purge first.  The latter doesn't seem too possible, given their numbers and lack of organization, so chances are it will be the former, and they will defect to the Democrats, dragging its policies (further) to the right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 05, 2009, 12:37:19 AM

Well, helllllloooooooo, Jim Crow!   :lulz:
It must be a law that every single political party has to opposed to at least one Constitutional amendment without actually coming out and saying that we need to amend the Constitution. For instance: Conservative Party - 14th amendment. Constitution Party (lol!) 1st Amendment. Libertarian Party - 16th amendment. Republican party - 4th amendment. Democratic party - 2nd amendment?

TGRR Party:  Article II.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 05, 2009, 12:06:15 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 08:58:49 PM

TGRR,

It would be fun to watch them struggle to find a way of saying "Oh but it doesn't apply to white people" without actually saying it.

:lulz:

QUIT READING MY MIND!  :crankey:

:lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 05, 2009, 02:18:33 PM

Well, helllllloooooooo, Jim Crow!   :lulz:

I'd vote for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 05, 2009, 02:20:03 PM

I'd vote for you.

Inauguration speech:  "I just abolished myself via executive order.  Now all you fucking yahoos go get a goddamn job".

LMNO

Template

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 05, 2009, 02:21:27 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 05, 2009, 02:20:03 PM

I'd vote for you.

Inauguration speech:  "I just abolished myself via executive order.  Now all you fucking yahoos go get a goddamn job".

:lulz: :lulz:
:mittens: