News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Teabaggers take over 23rd District race from GOP

Started by Cain, November 02, 2009, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Moderate Republican Dede Scozzofava has bowed out of the 23rd Congressional District elections from New York, after facing opposition from the radical right of the GOP.  Usual suspects such as the Malkin-thing and Red State in the thick of it, calling Scozzofava a traitor and a scumbag and a communist because she doesn't think fetuses are real people, or something.  You can read their excuses here:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/31/radical-leftist-gop-candidate-dede-scozzafava-quits/
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/10/31/the-gop-establishment-must-be-purged-as-the-gop-loses-in-ny-23/

Who they are backing is more interesting though.  Doug Hoffman is...well, a Glenn Beck supporter, part of his 9 Principles and 12 Values thing.  Evidence here http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/35051_Doug_Hoffman-_The_Glenn_Beck_Candidate#rss

Hoffman probably wont win, the guy is an unknown ideologue, but I would expect to see much more of this in the near future.  The problem, as I see it, will be that the Movement will continue its purges of "left-deviationists" within the GOP (to use the Soviet nomenclature), and that alone wont win them any elections, because ideological purity is stupid and not a vote-winner.  However, all it takes is for Obama to do something entirely stupid, and who will voters turn back to, as the only "viable" opposition?

Hurrah for the duopoly.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on November 02, 2009, 09:53:17 AM
Moderate Republican Radical leftist GOP Candidate Dede Scozzofava has bowed out of the 23rd Congressional District elections from New York, after facing opposition from the radical right of the GOP [snip]

Fixed that to match the headline you quoted

How The Fuck can you be  a Radical leftist Republican ??? We'll ALL end up crying you know . . .  

edit to tighten loose vowel
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Chief Uwachiquen

How The Fuck can you be  a Radical leftist Republcan ??? We'll ALL end up crying you know . . . 

I don't know but I hear there's a pill for that sort of condition.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

\

Cain

Shocking, that.

They wont win at all until the Dems majorly fuck up and delgitimize themselves.  Of course, this is the Dems...

Jenne

Well, the original candidate before Palin and Beck stepped in threw herself OUT of the race and directly into the Democratic campaign.  She obviously was "like a woman scorned" and all that.

And for once that strategy seems to have worked.

Cain

First time a Democrat has run this district, isn't it?

Also, Hoffman's party is the "Conservative Party".  Check out their site http://www.theamericanconservatives.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=126

Jenne

Yes, apparently, Palin et al were going for "the deeper meaning," not a candidate who'd win.  :lol:  Too bad he was a fucking geekatroid with no experience and very little credibility beyond being publicly backed by a couple of psycho rightwingnutjobs.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on November 04, 2009, 02:47:23 PM
First time a Democrat has run this district, isn't it?

Also, Hoffman's party is the "Conservative Party".  Check out their site http://www.theamericanconservatives.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=126
Platform page is rather boring. Typical Rand-bot stuff, but I thought that this was odd:

Quote# Persons who are not citizens or resident aliens of the United States have no right to petition or benefit from any agency of the government except for petition of entry or asylum.
So they think that illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to go to the cops or the hospital if someone beats the shit out of them. Compassionate conservatism at its finest.

Quote# A child born in the United States to non-citizens is not a citizen.
I'd love to see them change the Constitution for that one. I don't think they'd get much traction for a Repeal the 14th Amendment movement.

QuoteEach adult citizen is responsible for the health, education and welfare of himself or herself and their family.
Yeah, fuck the poor and crippled! They just get in the way of everyone else.
    \

Iason Ouabache

\

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache link=topic=22779.msg773751#msg773751
I'd love to see them change the Constitution for that one. I don't think they'd get much traction for a Repeal the 14th Amendment movement.

Well, helllllloooooooo, Jim Crow!   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 04, 2009, 05:40:35 PM

I wonder if they've considered what would happen if it was not only repealed, but the repeal was made retroactive...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on November 04, 2009, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 04, 2009, 05:40:35 PM

I wonder if they've considered what would happen if it was not only repealed, but the repeal was made retroactive...

WHOOPS I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE COUNTRY!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson