News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Officer fired for enforcing the law?

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, November 03, 2009, 11:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Caveat: He busted the mayor's son.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8471349

P.S. Here's the mayor's contact info: Dan Rydalch, Mayor--435-882-0335, email: ckrydalch@rt.nl

Faust

In Ireland I'm fairly certain ministers can do whatever they want on the road up to and including murder as long as they are on their way to or home from work.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on November 04, 2009, 01:50:14 AM
In Ireland I'm fairly certain ministers can do whatever they want on the road up to and including murder as long as they are on their way to or home from work.
There is a similar here. Legislators can't be arrested while they are in session. I only know this because back in January a guy got out of a DUI with that law.  Only problem is that he wasn't a legislator at the time. And he has a 20 year old woman who wasn't his wife in the passenger seat.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 04, 2009, 05:40:43 AM
There is a similar here. Legislators can't be arrested while they are in session. I only know this because back in January a guy got out of a DUI with that law.  Only problem is that he wasn't a legislator at the time. And he has a 20 year old woman who wasn't his wife in the passenger seat.

He musta been driving to the Appalachian Trail...

Cain

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 04, 2009, 05:40:43 AM
There is a similar here. Legislators can't be arrested while they are in session. I only know this because back in January a guy got out of a DUI with that law.  Only problem is that he wasn't a legislator at the time. And he has a 20 year old woman who wasn't his wife in the passenger seat.

A better place to leave a 20 year old woman who isn't his wife would've been the legislator's office.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote"There's no more respectable position than a police officer, in my mind," Rowell said.

He's still idealistic, that poor, poor bastard.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

he means

I do admit, I loathe that cops can pull rank on people and demand submissive respect while being absolute dickwads. So I do get a little twinge of satisfaction knowing that sometimes it bites them in the ass. It's just a shame that it takes nepotism (another form of corruption) to bring this to the surface.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 03:42:22 PM
he means

I do admit, I loathe that cops can pull rank on people and demand submissive respect while being absolute dickwads. So I do get a little twinge of satisfaction knowing that sometimes it bites them in the ass. It's just a shame that it takes nepotism (another form of corruption) to bring this to the surface.

But that's not what happened here. 

Trust me, I know things about small town police that would make you want to puke on your shoes...but in this case, the kid was driving without a license, avoided a DUI checkpoint, and then told the cop to back off and tell all the other cops not to fuck with him because he was looking for his dog.

I fail to see how this is a cop acting dictatorially.  Hell, back in the day, I'd have ran that kid in for the license violation alone.  The cop in this case seems to have been going the extra mile to NOT hassle the kid...without knowing it was the mayor's kid.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 04:08:57 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 03:42:22 PM
he means

But that's not what happened here. 

Trust me, I know things about small town police that would make you want to puke on your shoes...but in this case, the kid was driving without a license, avoided a DUI checkpoint, and then told the cop to back off and tell all the other cops not to fuck with him because he was looking for his dog.

I fail to see how this is a cop acting dictatorially.  Hell, back in the day, I'd have ran that kid in for the license violation alone.  The cop in this case seems to have been going the extra mile to NOT hassle the kid...without knowing it was the mayor's kid.

That's how I read it as well... which is why I feel sorry for the poor idealistic sod.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

That's some pretty serious electoral pwnage, right there.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus