News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Hotsuma's Reviews: Zone of the Enders: the Second Runner

Started by ~~~~Closed~~~~, June 21, 2004, 11:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~~~~Closed~~~~

Title: Zone of the Enders: the Second Runner  (ZOE2)
Developer: Konami

Gameplay: Definetly ZOE2's strongest aspect, the controls are perfect for what you have to do with them, the action is fast paced, frantic, and challenging but not fustrating. and even within it's linear pacing, there's no shorting of ways to dispose of your enemies, and plenty of diffrent things to do. whether your chaing down a train, protecting a town, or shooting down a fleet of battle cruisers, it never feels repititious. 20/20
Graphics: the grapics are top notch, the in game graphics are on par with anything that the X-Box could produce and the cinema scenes are straight out of the cells of anime, which is more than welcome after looking back on the cheesy looking CG scenes from the first. the graphics recieve a breath of fresh air with just a hint of cell-shading. the tiny additions help alot too, whenever you fly through a cloud of smoke whispy gray things trail off of Jehuty. the frame rate can hit a few snags when the particle effects start getting insane after you wipe out 20+ enemies. and since you do that alot...19/20
Story: the story is where the entire ZOE franchise falls short, not because it's bad...but because it's so expansive. if you havn't played both of the PS2 games, the GBA game, and watched all 7 animes, your probally not goint to know what the hell is going on. if you have, well congrats...you've done something I havn't. 10/20
Sound: the sound is good, but not perfect, therre's plenty of awkward lines here and there. but the overall quality of the sound effects of spot on. 15/20
Tilt: it's a bit on the short side, but it has plenty of replay value, multiplayer capability and oodles of stuff to unlock. the gameplay never feels linear...even thoug it is. superb graphics, excellent gameplay, good story, and the feild battle is one of the best moments in gaming, period. there just isn't much of a reason NOT to own this game. 20/20

Final Verdict:
84/100, B, above average.

Lister

I hated that battle where you weren't allowed to kill your opponent, but had to grapple her a few times instead to "suck out the virus"...

That battle was about as frustrating than ikaruga at normal difficulty...

I think this is about the only ZOE2 review that doesn't contain the words "giant flying robot".

But one thing is still confusing me Hotsuma...  
Why did you create a special games-forum about a year back, but always post your reviews here and not there...?
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land

~~~~Closed~~~~

Quote from: ListerI hated that battle where you weren't allowed to kill your opponent, but had to grapple her a few times instead to "suck out the virus"...

That battle was about as frustrating than ikaruga at normal difficulty...

wanna make it even more fustrating? try using uber-Jehuty.
one slip up = start over.

Quote from: Lister
But one thing is still confusing me Hotsuma...  
Why did you create a special games-forum about a year back, but always post your reviews here and not there...?

I'm assuming you mean the RPG forum? if thats the case then take your pick...
A.) It was just to confuse you.
B.) it hadn't occured to me to post them there.

Lister

http://erisplayground.proboards2.com/

I meant this one...
The one mentioned in your profile...
The one you were shortly pimping on this forum about 1-2 years back

I'll take option C: Forgot about that thing altoghether
When I was a little man
GI Joe was an action man

~~~~Closed~~~~

I forgot about it, I say we just go with option C...

Horab Fibslager

i didn;t forget, cept for the url, but everytime i went, i was the onyl one posting..  :roll:

games forums are like beanie babies. everyone got a few, somewhere, covered in cat urine and growing mold...
Hell is other people.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: horabgames forums are like beanie babies. everyone got a few, somewhere, covered in cat urine and growing mold...
But I don't even have a cat
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Lister

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: horabgames forums are like beanie babies. everyone got a few, somewhere, covered in cat urine and growing mold...

Then it's probably been your neighbour's cat that was stalking on your turf.
When I was a little man
GI Joe was an action man

chaosgraves:agentoferis

none of my neighbors have pets.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Lister

none of my neighbors have pets.

Ninjas often use cat-piss to distract any dogs...
Do you have any friendly neighbourhood ninjas at your place?
When I was a little man
GI Joe was an action man

~~~~Closed~~~~

I remember this one time, I got myself banned from a nintendo fanboy's board when I flooded it with about 700 topics all saying "Nintendo sucks"...it was great fun...

MedeoPlusPlus

I say we start up Hotusma's forums again.

*does that*
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++