News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Whatever happened to...

Started by the other anonymous, November 09, 2009, 01:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 09, 2009, 08:28:39 PM
I suppose the usual standards for fun would be slighly different for Rain Gods.

Actually, I think that comes more from the "Dumbfuck" side of the family.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rong

the other day i was so enlightened that my pants fit better
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

typ3

I'll enlighten when I leave my body. Or lose my fatty parts. :x

On a serious note, delusion is the closest thing we can do to get to it. In a way, I think it may be a little like enlightenment to embrace the fact that we'll always be conflicted over something, and that pain will always be there to make the happy moments more special and worth remembering, and teach us self respect... or something like that. I wonder if one would care to substain themselves alive if their brain constantly pumped out oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine. Maybe they would just be cool enough for others to do that?

Forever love, happiness, and orgasms.  8)

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 17, 2009, 04:17:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 08:18:29 PM
I'm too busy having fun to bother with enlightenment.

Oh, lighten up you :)

I've been laughing since the late 80s.  I should probably stop and catch my breath sometime.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Enlightenment happens every day to most humans. My great grandfather once said "The day you stop learning is the day you die". He claimed to learn something every day, at least, untill he died at the age of 99. He had experienced his youth in a world where he was a blacksmith that shod ponies for hauling coal out of deep mines. He experienced blasting rock with loose powder and a ramrod. He experienced the War... then he experienced farming. He experienced the end of a way of life as automobiles replaced horses. He even experienced watching the sky at specific times so he could see Sputnik shoot past on its regular orbit. He experienced tuning in to the regular beeps of human technology that was circling the earth at speeds faster than Great Grandpa Clyde would ever subjectively experience...

We're all like him. We live in this world and it will be destroyed by a new world which will be strange and weird by comparison. However, the Enlightened will be too busy basking in the moment of learning something new, to perceive the Apocalypse that their peers are experiencing.

Maybe.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Would you hush?  Keeping Up With the Kardashians is on!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 17, 2009, 04:43:39 PM

What?  Is that a real show?

hooplala

Yes.  It's bigger than "Dancing With The Stars" in Salazore.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 17, 2009, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 04:53:58 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 17, 2009, 04:43:39 PM

What?  Is that a real show?

http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/kardashians/index.jsp

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

:crankey:

Goddammit, I fucking hate humans.  Someone invent the fucking holodeck, so the stupid bastards will all starve to death.

LMNO

Time for another pill, old man.  This is the future.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 17, 2009, 05:20:26 PM

Yeah, well, I'm against it.   :argh!:

TGRR,
Thinks Malthus was an optimist.

Template

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 05:21:54 PM

TGRR,

Malthus assumed nobody'd ever knowingly waste something, didn't he?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: yhnmzw on November 17, 2009, 10:00:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 05:21:54 PM

TGRR,

Malthus assumed nobody'd ever knowingly waste something, didn't he?

No, he assumed no new technological developments in agriculture would come along, and mathematically proved that the human race would go extinct by 1800AD.