News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

23ae

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 02, 2009, 03:26:32 PM
weird... i'm not really sure what to tell you  :?

if you're logged in, and you can access the dashboard, there should be a link to add a new post.

I checked, and your profile is definitely set to "author" meaning you should have access to it.

I will try at home.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I've had similar issues where buttons won't appear on other websites.

Download the Opera browser if you can on that computer - whenever Firefox fails, Opera picks up the slack.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

So who the hell is Rev Bootie?

Fucker knows me, and is sniping at me there, but lacks the balls to say who he is.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 05, 2009, 12:34:53 AM

Fucker knows me, and is sniping at me there, but lacks the balls to say who he is.

Rev. Bootie has been around for a long while... dunno any other id's they go by though.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Cram, any way to raise the limit of the audio file size?  8M ain't gonna make the nut.  :(

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 05, 2009, 03:42:34 PM

Rev. Bootie has been around for a long while... dunno any other id's they go by though.

Rev Bootie is a prick.  Doesn't seem to write anything, just make nasty comments.  There's another one there like that..."Contradictor General".

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2009, 11:20:06 PM
Cram, any way to raise the limit of the audio file size?  8M ain't gonna make the nut.  :(

I don't think I have any settings for that. you could try putting it on youtube, and then using the embed code?

for just audio, maybe something like this? http://www.supload.com/free-audio-hosting I don't know anything about this site, I just googled "free audio hosting"

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2009, 11:21:38 PM
Rev Bootie is a prick.  Doesn't seem to write anything, just make nasty comments.  There's another one there like that..."Contradictor General".

luckily on sites like this, the post itself is way more important and gets tons more attention than the comments. Don't let your energy get wasted by that shit. Even great fucking blog posts always have some jerk going  in the comments. It's like a force of nature.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 05, 2009, 03:42:34 PM

Rev Bootie is a prick.  Doesn't seem to write anything, just make nasty comments.

That has been my personal experience as well... I think Rev. Bootie was posting nasty comments when I first started posting there in '02-'03...

I'd look it up but Cramulus the whole thing.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 07, 2009, 11:56:57 PM

I don't think I have any settings for that. you could try putting it on youtube, and then using the embed code?

for just audio, maybe something like this? http://www.supload.com/free-audio-hosting I don't know anything about this site, I just googled "free audio hosting"

luckily on sites like this, the post itself is way more important and gets tons more attention than the comments. Don't let your energy get wasted by that shit. Even great fucking blog posts always have some jerk going  in the comments. It's like a force of nature.

1.  Youtube won't take wmv files.  I'll try the other one.

2.  I hadn't realized that Bootie never contributes anything.  His opinion has become meaningless.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BAI on December 08, 2009, 02:08:48 AM
Hey Rog, could you not use microsoft movie maker to publish the audio fille and set it to 7.9 megs or so?

Did that, didn't squish it enough without distortion.  Got it now, though.

Triple Zero

You could try MP4/AAC encoding, it can go to a lot lower bitrates before the distortion gets really warbly and chunky. MP3 is just the first generation of these audio codecs and doesn't perform very well at low bitrates (below ~90kbps or so).

You can get the tool from here:

http://www.audiocoding.com/nero_aacenc.html

There you can download a ZIP file with, in the /win32/ directory an executable program named neroAacEnc.exe. That's the one you need.

Extract that executable file to the same directory as where your .WAV recording is, then open a commandline window there (Start > Run > "cmd", and then cd into that directory) and then you type this:

neroAacEnc -q 0.3 -if "good reverend wakeup song.wav" -of "wakeup song.mp4"

to convert it. the number after the -q is the quality setting, it's between 0.0 and 1.0, low numbers make smaller files. after -if comes the input file, which is what you just recorded (needs to be a .WAV file, but I think that's not a problem, right?) and after -of comes the output file, which is the name of the compressed, encoded end result.

oh and before anyone starts an audio codec argument, I'm suggesting MP4/AAC because it seems most music player programs, ipods, phones and such have support for this format. I'd use OGG otherwise because it has the awesome drag-Fish-drop conversion tool (download the ZIP, run the executable, you get a small square window with a yellow fish in it, you drag and drop your .WAV file on top of this fish, and the fish begins to rotate while it encodes the file for you--this is awesome).

anyway, hope that works for you, Rev.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am no longer responding to comments in 23ae, as that place is a fucking toolbox, snipe-wise.  Jesus H Christ.

Every entry is a footrace between 4-5 regular trolls to say the most rotten shit they can.  I could post a fucking recipe for cupcakes, and all 4 of them would line up to screech.

What a pack of fucking retards that place is.

Iason Ouabache

I've been ignoring the comment sections too. They are worthless. I hope this doesn't mean you are going to stop posting stuff though. I've had fun passing you around on Twitter.  :wink:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Freeky

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 09, 2009, 02:13:10 AM
I've had fun passing you around on Twitter.  :wink:

Iason,
Dirty little girl Roger's pimp.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 09, 2009, 02:13:10 AM
I've been ignoring the comment sections too. They are worthless. I hope this doesn't mean you are going to stop posting stuff though. I've had fun passing you around on Twitter.  :wink:

No, gonna keep going, at least for the time being.  I need the slumming.  Makes me feel dirty.