So, the economist and time agree: It's about fucking time to LEGALISE IT

Started by Lies, November 15, 2009, 06:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 15, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
Quote from: fomenter on November 15, 2009, 11:34:56 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 15, 2009, 11:19:02 PM

First of all, people try all kinds of tricks with weed to make it seem better than it is, second of all, I'm not sorely misinformed, I agree that its should be legalized. I just love how you jump to conclusions all of a sudden making me out to be the bad guy when I merely state my opinion to you. Thanks for showing me your the idiot. :)

other than adding water to make it weigh more (old trick easy to spot), i have never heard of anything being added to pot, ...its a plant.. either it came from good seed and was grown right or it wasn't there is nothing you can do to change it or make it worth enough more to make fucking with it worth the time..  i call BS

Call what you will, but when you deal with these people you see what they will do to get an extra buck from shitty weed they get. They do just about anything to make it more potent without having potency in the beginning. Call it what you will but from what I have seen they do just about anything to get that extra amount for it without using up all their stash. 
sounds like tweekers more than pot heads,
its been a long time since i was around those circles, but pot dealers lived off repeat business and regular customers way back then, and i seriously doubt it has changed, anyone that fucked with shit would loose far more in business than they could ever make adding shit and trying to pass it off, i just don't buy that anything you can add would make it seem that much better and actually fool someone, and that someone would kill the chance of regular customers.... again i think BS
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Quote from: fomenter on November 16, 2009, 12:16:16 AM

First of all, people try all kinds of tricks with weed to make it seem better than it is, second of all, I'm not sorely misinformed, I agree that its should be legalized. I just love how you jump to conclusions all of a sudden making me out to be the bad guy when I merely state my opinion to you. Thanks for showing me your the idiot. :)

other than adding water to make it weigh more (old trick easy to spot), i have never heard of anything being added to pot, ...its a plant.. either it came from good seed and was grown right or it wasn't there is nothing you can do to change it or make it worth enough more to make fucking with it worth the time..  i call BS

Call what you will, but when you deal with these people you see what they will do to get an extra buck from shitty weed they get. They do just about anything to make it more potent without having potency in the beginning. Call it what you will but from what I have seen they do just about anything to get that extra amount for it without using up all their stash. 
its been a long time since i was around those circles, but pot dealers lived off repeat business and regular customers way back then, and i seriously doubt it has changed, anyone that fucked with shit would loose far more in business than they could ever make adding shit and trying to pass it off, i just don't buy that anything you can add would make it seem that much better and actually fool someone, and that someone would kill the chance of regular customers.... again i think BS

You make a good point, maybe the experience I've dealt with was from tweekers. They just want it for the quick buck for their next fix. But as I stated earlier this is from experience. They prey on the stupid high school kids and college students wanting to try it for the first time. There are alot of trustworthy dealers I've dealt with but mainly its just people trying to make a quick buck. There is no lack of people willing to sell. I suppose it goes to the "Know your dealer" thing.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 15, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
yeah, about as edgy as interrupting a discussion about drug policy with some whinging about some shit that might have been relevant 70 years ago

Heh, okay. I'll be sure to PM you and ask for permission before posting from now on.

The thing is though, I was only saying how irrelevant I find the cannabis legalisation movement in comparison to more important things that are pretty much ignored. And it is mostly a left-wing thing, in my country at least. You were the one who decided to give your bullshit political opinions (hurr legalise child labour) you probably came to after an hour on Wikipedia. The only possible thread derailment would have come from me taking you seriously.

Jenne

Here in San Diego, the right-wingers were very very happy with the Bush Administration's take on legalizing marijuana.  They shut down California-legal medical mj sites countywide for years, even sued the Feds over it so they could shut down some more.  But when Obama came into the WH, his Justice Dept said it wouldn't pursue medical marijuana cases where the states have made it legal, so San Diego is boo-hooing big time as the medical marijuana distributers are back in business and how.

I dunno, I think bringing the politics into it was apt seeing as how it was started as a political thread.  And Dave's not in the US, last I heard.  His notion of left-wingers will differ from us US-Spags, I reckon.

fomenter

up here in northern CA the news is reporting legalization statistics.. i wonder if Arnold is preparing to make a push for full legalization? not just the medical we already have??
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jenne

It was rumored he was looking into taxing it to up state revenues.  Dude is trying everything BUT what he needs to do (raise taxes on the rich) to get our finances going again.  He's going to instead try legalizing pot (har!), get a federal indictment against him for lack of prison reform (YES!) and cutting/slashing/burning state funding on any programs for the poor, the young and the sick (fuckoffahnold).

fomenter

none of the parasites want their budget slashed or their perks cut ...just this week i saw (on TV) cal-trans employees hanging out at palm-springs golf resorts and riding go carts on the public's tax dollar... some other gov blood suckers were just caught washing there personal vehicles and that's just the small shit when it comes to government waste... i am beginning to think this stuff is the norm in this state.
as much as i tend to agree with legalization this is going to end up being an ass raping of the public some how, i just know it..

hmroogp

The Johnny

Quote from: BAI on November 16, 2009, 02:26:01 AM
he'll get shot by the cartels if he legalises it.

fact.

Thats what i would call a WIN-WIN scenario
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Yes, kids, you can trust your dealers.  No, really.  The whole industry is stuffed full of honest people who think ahead.

Nobody has ever cut a drug.  Ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

its been a long time since i hung with the pot heads... i suppose those those crazy kids these days could be firing up bowls of baby laxative thinking its green bud.... what do i know

hmroogp

East Coast Hustle

other than adding water to make it weigh more (old trick easy to spot), i have never heard of anything being added to pot, ...its a plant.. either it came from good seed and was grown right or it wasn't there is nothing you can do to change it or make it worth enough more to make fucking with it worth the time..  i call BS

I AM one of those people, jackass.

and nowhere in any of my previous posts did I say that people wouldn't try to pull shit to increase the value of their pot, I said they probably wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on a fiberglass-spraying machine in order to get an extra 10 bucks for a sack. I also said that in order to be fooled by weed covered in fiberglass, you;d have to be so dumb that you wouldn't be able to figure out how to get outside in the first place. I also said that inhaling a little fiberglass smoke would not kill you. These are the statements to which you responded by laughing at my naivete. Tell me, smartguy, how long were YOU in the dope game for?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Malachite on November 16, 2009, 12:26:27 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 15, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
yeah, about as edgy as interrupting a discussion about drug policy with some whinging about some shit that might have been relevant 70 years ago

Heh, okay. I'll be sure to PM you and ask for permission before posting from now on.

The thing is though, I was only saying how irrelevant I find the cannabis legalisation movement in comparison to more important things that are pretty much ignored. And it is mostly a left-wing thing, in my country at least. You were the one who decided to give your bullshit political opinions (hurr legalise child labour) you probably came to after an hour on Wikipedia. The only possible thread derailment would have come from me taking you seriously.

you took me seriously enough to think I was trying to be "edgy" when I was merely being snarky. And my point about meta-identity politics still stands.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2009, 05:11:05 AM

Yes, kids, you can trust your dealers.  No, really.  The whole industry is stuffed full of honest people who think ahead.

Nobody has ever cut a drug.  Ever.

Speaking from experience on both sides of that sleazy, sleazy coin, there is a HUGE difference between a drug dealer and a pot dealer.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Kai on November 16, 2009, 12:10:43 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 15, 2009, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Lyris_Nymphetamine on November 15, 2009, 08:35:42 AM
Yeah they should legalize it because it'd make it alot safer - i mean i've had bad batches before and had really bad experiences on it. It's not too fun.

wut?

you had a bad weed trip?

:lulz:

have you ever actually smoked pot before? there's no such thing as a "bad batch".

The times I've been in contact with pot it's caused paranoia, and I'm guessing higher dosages would only increase that feeling. That's not a "bad batch" reaction but a poor reaction to C. sativa overall, though.

this.

East Coast Hustle