News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

PBS: Brought to you by...

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, November 18, 2009, 11:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Dimocritus

DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

Monsanto... my arch nemesis.

But seriously, r u srius? 'Cuz that's fucked up if it's for real.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Yeah, they have monsanto commercials all over PBS.

Dimocritus

Wow. That's what I get for channel surfing in between shows. There's hardly any television that I want to watch, and now I have to boycott one of the only stations I do enjoy...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Lies

Ok I had no idea who monsanto was, but after doing a bit of wikiing, learned besides the bovine growth hormone thing, they produce GM food.

Ok, while I don't agree with bovine growth hormones, I hope you guys aren't bitching about this just because they're a GM company, or else I'll bitch slap you like the fucking hippies you are.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

fomenter

monsanto has a bunch of evil shit that they do....
this thread has links to info on some of their evil doings
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21791.30  did anything ever come of this??
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

rygD

After doing a little research myself, I want to make some stupid, ignorant comment about Monsanto being wonderful, but they seem to really be a fucked up company.  I actually really dislike the stuff I am seeing, and the GM stuff doesn't bother me.  I know some pretty bad shit happens in the world, but they seem to just do whatever they want to whoever they want.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Quote from: Lysergic on November 19, 2009, 12:43:02 AM
Ok I had no idea who monsanto was, but after doing a bit of wikiing, learned besides the bovine growth hormone thing, they produce GM food.

Ok, while I don't agree with bovine growth hormones, I hope you guys aren't bitching about this just because they're a GM company, or else I'll bitch slap you like the fucking hippies you are.

I've heard that their Roundup Resistant strains of corn, soy beans, etc.. have a way of finding their way of getting into crops of farmers who dont grow those strains, those farmers in turn have a way of being sued into the dark ages by the Monsanto corporation.

What makes this especially odd, is that those strains of soybeans etc, supposedly dont pass on the round-up resistant trait onto the second and third generations of plants.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Z³ on November 19, 2009, 02:00:29 AM

I've heard that their Roundup Resistant strains of corn, soy beans, etc.. have a way of finding their way of getting into crops of farmers who dont grow those strains, those farmers in turn have a way of being sued into the dark ages by the Monsanto corporation.

What makes this especially odd, is that those strains of soybeans etc, supposedly dont pass on the round-up resistant trait onto the second and third generations of plants.

Why would they?  Then the farmers wouldn't buy seed from Monsanto every year.  That they don't pass on the round-up train to the next generation isn't as surprising as there being a next generation at all.  I was under the impression they ensured the crops wouldn't reproduce at all for the repeat customers.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 19, 2009, 02:11:29 AM

Why would they?  Then the farmers wouldn't buy seed from Monsanto every year.  That they don't pass on the round-up train to the next generation isn't as surprising as there being a next generation at all.  I was under the impression they ensured the crops wouldn't reproduce at all for the repeat customers.

Preventing seeding was banned.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 19, 2009, 02:11:29 AM

Why would they?  Then the farmers wouldn't buy seed from Monsanto every year.  That they don't pass on the round-up train to the next generation isn't as surprising as there being a next generation at all.  I was under the impression they ensured the crops wouldn't reproduce at all for the repeat customers.

I'm not trying to say there is something inherently wrong with that... although to be honest I think that the idea of being able to hold a copyright on a genome is quite possibly going to set a very dangerous precedent, I'm merely trying to draw attention to the questionable legal practices of Monsanto.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 19, 2009, 02:11:48 AM
Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on November 18, 2009, 11:59:55 PM
...Monsanto?

:asplode:

LOL HIPPIES OWNED.

More like farmers owned, unless you think that farmers are hippies?
In which case, I would invite you to come visit rural Nebraska.

fomenter

monsanto = GM
anti GM = hippies
hippie's favorite tv station = pbs
pbs brought to you by = Monsanto
= LOL HIPPIES OWNED.

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Quote from: fomenter on November 19, 2009, 02:32:35 AM
monsanto = GM
anti GM = hippies
hippie's favorite tv station = pbs
pbs brought to you by = Monsanto
= LOL HIPPIES OWNED.

OH I GET IT.
Although I probably missed that that because I never really associated PBS w/ hippies.