News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Texas bans all marriage.

Started by Epimetheus, November 19, 2009, 03:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

I, for one, (esp. as a Texan) support this correct interpretation of the law.
No business for the state to be involved in the institution of marriage.
i suggest that other states follow suit in this ban on State creation or recognition of marriage!

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Iptuous on November 19, 2009, 05:40:15 PM
I, for one, (esp. as a Texan) support this correct interpretation of the law.
No business for the state to be involved in the institution of marriage.
i suggest that other states follow suit in this ban on State creation or recognition of marriage!

This.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

I think Texas should hire Chuck Norris to go around and forcibly seperate everyone who has gotten married there, ever.

It's the only reasonable option.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on November 19, 2009, 06:53:23 PM
I think Texas should hire Chuck Norris to go around and forcibly seperate everyone who has gotten married there, ever.

It's the only reasonable option.

My wife and i took this future possibility into consideration and had Chuck officiate the wedding by dressing up as Jeezus, TX Ranger, and make us swear on our assault rifles that we were, in fact, one man and one woman.
he assured us that there would be no roundhouse kicks in our future...

East Coast Hustle

doesn't mean he can't punch you with his chin-fist.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 19, 2009, 11:59:55 PM

fuck.
i knew i forgot a clause in the contract...

also, this was a fun one to use at the office today.
cubemate was talking about first time home buyers tax credit thing and was wondering if his fiance owning a home meant that he had to buy the house before he got married in order to qualify.  i informed him that he couldn't get married anyways.  problem solved.
I also informed another cube dweller that the child he is expecting in January will, in fact, be a bastard...

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Iptuous on November 20, 2009, 03:09:54 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 19, 2009, 11:59:55 PM

fuck.
i knew i forgot a clause in the contract...

also, this was a fun one to use at the office today.
cubemate was talking about first time home buyers tax credit thing and was wondering if his fiance owning a home meant that he had to buy the house before he got married in order to qualify.  i informed him that he couldn't get married anyways.  problem solved.
I also informed another cube dweller that the child he is expecting in January will, in fact, be a bastard...
:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: