News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Freeky's Tomato Soup Ambrosia

Started by Freeky, November 19, 2009, 07:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

This is going to help me keep warm this winter, methinks!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

I just <3 my pance.

My colon jsut sent me a memo that it's drafting articles of confederation as preperation to secede.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sister Fracture

:lulz: Your colon is definitely a far seeing one. Your nose, and through it your gorge, will not know what hit it, however.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Jenne

Sounds mighty cheesy.  Mmm...must try.

Freeky

bimp

The tomato soup ASSPLOSION on the last page is an old and outdated model.  The new one is mostly the same, but no chile peppers or meat tenderizer or adobo seasoning (can't find it anywhere), 5 lbs of carrots, and somewhere nearer to 4 onions. Also some sundried tomatoes get thrown in somewhere.

Nast

Orange in the chicken stock? Surely you jest madam!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: Nast on December 20, 2011, 03:02:15 AM

Hey.  D/N/T my accidental genius.   :)

Nast

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 20, 2011, 03:18:11 AM
OMFG IS NAST.  HAI NAST!!!!!

Oh hai! I haven't been on in a long time.  :oops:

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 20, 2011, 03:18:51 AM

I wouldn't dare test! Much less step. It just sounded intriguing...I've heard of stuffing a roast chicken with citrus, but not in a stock. If it was just the zest, I probably wouldn't think twice about it.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Freeky

Quote from: Nast on December 20, 2011, 04:22:25 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on December 20, 2011, 03:18:11 AM
OMFG IS NAST.  HAI NAST!!!!!

Oh hai! I haven't been on in a long time.  :oops:

We know.  We all missed you.  :(

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 20, 2011, 03:18:51 AM

I wouldn't dare test! Much less step. It just sounded intriguing...I've heard of stuffing a roast chicken with citrus, but not in a stock. If it was just the zest, I probably wouldn't think twice about it.
[/quote]

I think I had a version where you stick dried goji berries in with it all.  It was ...good, I guess.  But it smelled weird.

Just plain oranges and some lemon juice (or lemons) is DEEEEELISH.

Kai

In three months my parent's kitchen will be entirely refinished. This will include a gas stove and convection oven. There will be so much cooking. And I think I will be trying the ambrosia version of this recipe, Freaky, because it sounds very good.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Orange and chicken is delicious! I vouch for it!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on December 21, 2011, 04:44:27 AM
In three months my parent's kitchen will be entirely refinished. This will include a gas stove and convection oven. There will be so much cooking. And I think I will be trying the ambrosia version of this recipe, Freaky, because it sounds very good.

I haven't made the regular amrosia kind in a while.  I should do that, because I don't remember what it tastes like.