News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Better than Palin...guess who wants another shot at the Presidency?

Started by Cain, November 20, 2009, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Its.............RUDY!

QuoteOn the heels of a New York Times report that Rudy Giuliani won't be running for Governor of New York, the New York Daily News now reports that Rudy will instead run for Senate against appointed Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand -- and that if elected, he'll use it as a stepping stone to make another run for President!

The Daily News cites a source close to Rudy:
    If elected, the source said, he would use that as a stepping stone to run for President in 2012 - and would not run for re-election to the Senate. A Giuliani spokeswoman downplayed the reports.

The New York Senate seat is up for a special election in 2010, due to the appointments of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State and Kirsten Gillibrand as Senator, but would then be up again for its regularly-scheduled election in 2012. Recent polls have actually given Rudy a lead over the lesser-known Gillibrand, though this would quickly be put to test in an actual campaign in a heavily Democratic state. For one thing, Rudy would face a lot of questioning about whether he's just using the Senate seat as a temporary stepping stone to the presidency.

Rudy's spokesperson downplayed the report: "When Mayor Giuliani makes a decision about serving in public office, he will inform New Yorkers on his own."

Late Update: Giuliani's spokeswoman is denying the story.

Before Palin and after Tancredo, Guiliani was always my favourite Republican for the presidency.  His legendary belligerence would have run American hegemony into the ground in record time - he'd be like a modern day Louis XVI, only with more potential for a heart attack.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Iason Ouabache

Whoa! Two whole news articles about Rudy Giuliani and not a single mention of 9/11. That's gotta be a record!

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on November 20, 2009, 10:31:42 PM
Rudy/Palin '12 is the obvious choice
Santorum/Palin '12  Theocracy You Can Trust!!!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘