News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Can I go Columbine Kid yet?

Started by Freeky, November 24, 2009, 02:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

The jobs were through a temp agency. Hence why she has sporadic work experience.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 24, 2009, 05:30:23 PM
The jobs were through a temp agency. Hence why she has sporadic work experience.

Naw, I could even get my boss on board with this.  He'll do anything to get me to leave his office. 

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Cain

Temp agencies are fucking leeches on the arse of society.  In my experience with them, anyway. They are probably better in the US, but here they actually use the term "gangmaster" as a badge of honour still.

I'm guessing this is mostly useless advice, given the crowd you are now in with, but in my experience the best way to find a job is through your friends and social network.  I spent 11 months cranking out well over a thousand job applications and, in the end, what got me back into work was my (now) boss knowing my girlfriend and their newest job applicant (who beat me to the previous position, barely) quitting.  Namedropping and getting your friends to sing your praises to potential employers are both methods I would not hesitate to use in the quest for work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:34:30 PM
:cry: I luffles you all...

Pffft.  The world's full of assholes.  Sometimes it's nice to do something nice for someone who isn't an asshole.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 24, 2009, 05:35:05 PM
Temp agencies are fucking leeches on the arse of society.  In my experience with them, anyway.

This.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 24, 2009, 05:35:42 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:34:30 PM
:cry: I luffles you all...

Pffft.  The world's full of assholes.  Sometimes it's nice to do something nice for someone who isn't an asshole.

Perhaps, but that only makes it more appreciable.

Suu

I wonder if Roger has ever been called for a reference on me.  :lulz:  I know Richter has, and we all know how that ended.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 24, 2009, 05:45:37 PM
I wonder if Roger has ever been called for a reference on me.  :lulz:  I know Richter has, and we all know how that ended.

No, I have not.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Arizona has a fairly well spread out domestic violence network to help.  It was one of the locations offered to me through victim's assistance when we left Florida.  They had a fairly nice transitional housing program at that time.

Or you can call a local women's shelter to get more information.  Most also offer programs and meetings just for support and encouragement.

This is a crappy situation, I'm not saying otherwise, but....

You can't just take the crap from your parents.  You don't need to go postal, you just need to stand up for yourself.  You have a child.  If you can't do it for yourself, do it for your child.  

If you cannot continue to live there, then go to a shelter.  No they aren't pretty.  In fact it will be a really fast wake up to reality call, but you have to choose your own evils.  

The kids and I lived in shelters and housing programs for almost 3 years.  It wasn't where I wanted to be or what I wanted for them or me, but it was what needed to be done.  The alternative being to have the shit beat out of you on a regular basis by your father or get yourself killed by an idiotic vengeful ex.  

The Good Reverend Roger

Khara, are you still in AZ?  I can't remember if I asked you that.

Freeky

Actual domestic violence is one thing I've never had to deal with, I'm glad to say.

I know that standing up for myself will only result in a) my mom breaking down in tears, because I made her feel bad, b) my mom AND my dad going absolutely batshit berserk and it WILL start a shouting match, or c) they go batshit berserk first and then my mom cries. And then I get threatened with getting kicked out. And then I buckle, because I don't have any kind of survival ability. I know these things from when I was still just a teenager, but I think maybe I might not buckle because I was even more sheeplike then than I am now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:59:46 PM
Actual domestic violence is one thing I've never had to deal with, I'm glad to say.

Yeah, like I said, your ex isn't a complete ass.

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:59:46 PM
I know that standing up for myself will only result in a) my mom breaking down in tears, because I made her feel bad, b) my mom AND my dad going absolutely batshit berserk and it WILL start a shouting match, or c) they go batshit berserk first and then my mom cries. And then I get threatened with getting kicked out. And then I buckle, because I don't have any kind of survival ability. I know these things from when I was still just a teenager, but I think maybe I might not buckle because I was even more sheeplike then than I am now.

Have a potential exit strategy lined up before you take any action, is my advice.

Suu

Let her cry. Let her feel bad. In fact, make her feel WORSE.

Have that exit strategy, and then pull the, "You're terrible grandparents and I hope my son doesn't grow up to hate you" card. Watch their heads implode.

-Suu
is a fucking vengeful cold-hearted BITCH.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 24, 2009, 06:05:56 PM
Let her cry. Let her feel bad. In fact, make her feel WORSE.

Have that exit strategy, and then pull the, "You're terrible grandparents and I hope my son doesn't grow up to hate you" card. Watch their heads implode.

-Suu
is a fucking vengeful cold-hearted BITCH.

Yeah, but she needs the exit strategy first.