News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

New Moon

Started by Cain, November 25, 2009, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

SPS,

is one of those assholes who hates it without seeing it.  And damn proud of it.   8)
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

LMNO

I read all the books.  I have enough hate for any adaptation that may come down the line.

Suu

I got through 3 pages or so of the first one and threw it back at my friend.

When I was in Florida in April, my sister bought Breaking Dawn, and started reading it. She got about half way and it was evident she was forcing herself to go on. She's a fast reader, and it took her like 2-3 days to read the other ones, it took her like 2 weeks to read the last one. She said the writing had gotten so bad and so half-assed that she was only going to finish the book to finish the story, and that was it.

These are her expert reviews:

Twilight: Decent
New Moon: Okay...
Eclipse: What the...?
Breaking Dawn: :vom:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: Suu on November 25, 2009, 04:49:28 PM
My belief is that I don't want to be one of those assholes that hate it without seeing it.

Granted, but I also did not see the Hannah Montana movie, and am fairly certain it is a steaming pile of dogshit.  Life is too short.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: Hoopla on November 25, 2009, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 25, 2009, 04:49:28 PM
My belief is that I don't want to be one of those assholes that hate it without seeing it.

Granted, but I also did not see the Hannah Montana movie, and am fairly certain it is a steaming pile of dogshit.  Life is too short.

I do have standards. But I also can say that I've seen an unfortunate amount of Hannah Montana episodes to KNOW that I wouldn't like the movie.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

The fifth book was going to the best ever!

Suu

Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2009, 05:19:49 PM

But people had to leak it onto the internets. Now you get no book. FOREVER.

Cain

I think she was mostly upset that people

a) made fun of her
b) caught onto exactly how much of a cheap and easy profit making venture this book was actually was

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 25, 2009, 05:24:17 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2009, 05:19:49 PM

But people had to leak it onto the internets. Now you get no book. FOREVER.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2009, 05:26:30 PM

a) made fun of her
b) caught onto exactly how much of a cheap and easy profit making venture this book was actually was

Wait.

The author FLOUNCED?   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

My friend who's really really into this gay crap went to see it and came over afterward with her theater cup with the characters on it and i asked "whatcha drinkin? twilight juice?" and she just hung her head and frowned and said "don't bother... it was so gay"

Suu

Well, as hard as it is to judge something like a manuscript/1st draft, I guess with it being actually in Edward's POV rather than Bella's it was really weird and not as well written (har).

Has anyone read The Host? Apparently it pisses off Twifans because it's not Twilight and actual sci-fi...or something.

Suu

Quote from: Squid on November 25, 2009, 05:28:05 PM
My friend who's really really into this gay crap went to see it and came over afterward with her theater cup with the characters on it and i asked "whatcha drinkin? twilight juice?" and she just hung her head and frowned and said "don't bother... it was so gay"

It's like me and Harry Potter. I like Harry Potter, I read the books, I've seen all the movies in the theatre...and then the fucking fans ruin it.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 25, 2009, 05:27:16 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2009, 05:26:30 PM

a) made fun of her

Wait.

The author FLOUNCED?   :lulz:

Oh yeah.  The best bit was the fifth book was just a rehashing of the first book, but from the other main character's POV.

QuoteHas anyone read The Host? Apparently it pisses off Twifans because it's not Twilight and actual sci-fi...or something.

I haven't, but I know people who have.  Apparently it is actually quite readable...not groundbreaking, but competent.

So I hear, anyway.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2009, 03:56:06 PM
Here it is all screaming fangirls, apparently.

Also, I should probably re-read the book, just to remind myself how horrible it truly is.

How did you do it?
I couldn't get through the first half of the first book
:sad:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante