News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

ITT: I complain about my parents going to a parent meeting

Started by Dalek, December 01, 2009, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

FUCK

Today is the parent meeting at my school. Just want to explain briefly what I do at school. In most of the classes, like French, Physics, Geography, Bulgarian and psychology I get mostly A's and B's. In math, spanish, biology and chemestry I suck balls. I have no problem with getting the stuff we learn in math, but I always fucking make dumb mistakes that screw up the whole problem and I end up with a C. The other 3 are just fucking boring and I don't need them for my diploma in the end of the year. My parents are used to me being the smartest kid in class and getting the best grades. They want me to be the FUCKING BEST. So when I get a B or a C there is a really huge scandal. Well, now every fucking teacher in the school will be there and 70% of them will be explaining how I'm not taking school seriously, how I don't pay much attention at school etc. So my spanish, math, chemestry and biology teachers will be explaining  how much I FUCKING SUCK AND DON'T PAY ATTENTION. When  the phrase  " Doesn't pay attention in class" slips away from their FUCKING MOUTH, my parents will reach boiling point. That and also the F and the C in Biology and Math. Just wanted to vent somewhere. I'm fucking dead. Possibly my power cable will be locked in the basement, my Magic:the gathering cards to, also all stuff that can actually bring happyness in my life. In two hours they're comming back from the  parent meeting. So...

SHIT FUCK FUCKING SHIT FUCKFUCKFUCK

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

So, what I'm hearing is that they're going to take your Spiders away until you learn more things.

I'd thank them, if I were you.

Remington

Holy shit, you mean if you don't pay attention you'll get bad grades?

An F in Biology is pathetic tbh. Pay moar attention.
Is it plugged in?

Dalek

It's fucking biology in French. And we must know the fucking name, function etc. of all genes, hormones, stuff we don't really need to know in French.

Captain Utopia

Thanks for reminding me how much it can suck to be a kid. On the plus side, you're on the rising side of the "freedom" bell-curve.

Suu

Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 04:34:20 PM
It's fucking biology in French. And we must know the fucking name, function etc. of all genes, hormones, stuff we don't really need to know in French.

They teach you subjects in foreign languages?

Damn, maybe if they did that here (and not just for the ESOL kids) Americans would be a tad bit smarter.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

My folks were the same way about grades, and I tanked a few classes too.  Some of these were related to poor teaching, but a majority was my love of slacking off.  It might not come down as bad as you think, teachers act different around folks they don't see every day.  

Your happy stuff going away?  Fuck it.  Sometimes you're cold, lonely, UNhappy and misserable lower than you ever thought.  I'm lucky, stuff's gone well for me and they still happen; nothing stops the bad moments.  
Focus, and taking care of the shit you need to do to keep the show rolling keeps them minimal though.  

Good luck!  
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Somewhat related, I'll be going to a parent-teacher conference tomorrow for my daughter.

This means I'm officially old right? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 01, 2009, 05:04:09 PM
Somewhat related, I'll be going to a parent-teacher conference tomorrow for my daughter.

NO!

I do these once a year... or so.

I AM 21
believe it, say you believe it or so help me  :argh!:

AFK

Quote from: Squid on December 01, 2009, 05:22:56 PM

NO!

I AM 21

Well, okay.  So is it bad form to try to buy the teacher off with donuts and coffee? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on December 01, 2009, 05:22:56 PM

NO!

I AM 21

I am 41, and I have to do that shit all the time, mostly because my daughter makes me look like Leo Buscalia.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

A lot of shit is useless in an overall sense - except for the college admissions testings or SATs of you gringos.

Even if the subjects suck, try to do better, sometime youll be glad you did.

But no internets? thats just cruel.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on December 01, 2009, 05:26:07 PM
A lot of shit is useless in an overall sense - except for the college admissions testings or SATs of you gringos.

You lack a proper understanding of the superiority of the Norte Americano culture, that's your problem.  Parent/teacher conferences exist to ensure that feelings of anxiety and inferiority are instilled in childen in the home as well as in the school system.  This makes for meek, compliant adults that are glad to have any job, no matter how dismal and unrewarding.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus