GODMILJAAR: BELGIAN WRATH

Started by Triple Zero, December 03, 2009, 05:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

GODMILJAAR!! :argh!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqbgK7AB0Bo (1:19s)

KABOUTER WESLEY is a VERY ANGRY BELGIAN GNOME

Ok so you may not understand what they're saying cause it's in Flemmish/Dutch.

But if I translate the first bit you may perhaps get some idea about what's going on. The guy with the moustache and tie is a representative of the phone company and informs Kabouter Wesley that they are currently doing "technical maintenance" and that in the meanwhile he should use his freezer to make calls. (that's typical Belgian absurdism, if it doesn't make sense, it should make as little sense as possible)

Want more? There's about 15-20 different short animations: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kabouter+wesley
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on December 03, 2009, 07:22:07 PM
I read this as Gom Jabbar.  :oops:

"miljaar" is a typical Flemish curse, meaning "billion" (from the french milliard), so godmiljaar is "god billion", meaning something like goddamnit times a billion, leaving out the damnit part mostly for rhythm and phonetic qualities.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

I like the part where he uses his cat as a telephone.

Triple Zero

that's just after the guy tells him things should be back to normal.

Triple Zero

"nazibloom" = "nazi flower". that particular clip is probably the msot vulgar of the series.

I will properly translate the Turbo Turbo clip later, don't have time now. But IIRC it was something like you say "Turbo Turbo" and then something explodes into fire? It's a magic word, and then of course it doesn't work quite the way they intend and everybody randomly bursts into flames and shit. And then the genie appears who says he will undo the magic spell, but then it didn't work and everybody keeps on bursting into flames and that's hilarious. Something like that.

Triple Zero

"good thing" and "bad word" are practically synonymous in Belgian!

AFK

I thought this was going to be about a brand of Belgian beer. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dalek

WTF?! Belgium doesn't even exist!