News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

This is what passes for "conservative" humor

Started by Iason Ouabache, December 07, 2009, 09:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJY-fBXCncw

Don't bother watching it all the way through. It's like Dane Cook trying to do Glenn Beck's shtick but forgetting to put any actual jokes into it.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Chief Uwachiquen

Hey Guys! I'm young and hip and trendy so that must mean I'm cool to listen to! Peace is for chumps, let's bomb some more brown people in the desert!
     \
  :clint:

God this guy needs my size twelve boot up his ass.

The Johnny

On the 3 minute mark when he started talking about the boundaries of right and wrong and what is subjective, i couldnt bear it anymore...

By FUCK hes so annoying, its like concentrated essence of drunken fratboys that are on the debate team.

OHH BLAHRRGH BLAHBRRGH BLARHGH OBAMA MOOSLIM BLAHRRHHHGG PEACE SIGN BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRG JESUSARRGH DIRTY HIPIIE YA BHARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGALWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Terry Pratchett did this a lot better in Jingo.  You know why?  He was trying to be funny, not give an ideological screed.

Basically this is just a string of wingnut cliches with the occasional Take That thrown in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 07, 2009, 05:14:58 PM
Terry Pratchett did this a lot better in Jingo.  You know why?  He was trying to be funny, not give an ideological screed.

Basically this is just a string of wingnut cliches with the occasional Take That thrown in.

No shit.  Like the Church says, rant your guts up, but if you aren't funny, don't try to be.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Karl Rove was funnier than this, and Rove was for the most part just a really mean asshole. 

As I recall, he said the Democrats response to 9/11 would've been to have given Al-Qaeda members therapy, which is a much funnier premise for a skit than....uh, whining about how everyone always blames the Christians and its so unfair because secular-humanism is founded on relativism.

In fact, another comedy show over here (which takes shots at everyone) did a sketch where the leader of the Liberal Democrats did a job-swap with Osama Bin Laden, and it was, hands down, one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.  It could've easily be adapted to the Democratic Party by any half competent comedian.

Of course, part of the problem is that comedy is at its best when it is subversive, and propping up the status quo by using their psychoticized talking points is about as subversive as working corporate accounting.

Captain Utopia

So classy the way he starts lisping and switching to effeminate mannerisms as a way to parody all people who believe in promoting non-violent methods of conflict resolution. Because, you know, it is so cowardly to come out and be open with your sexuality and all the societal shit you take as a result -- and it is incredibly strong and brave to pretend to uphold a religion by donning a robe and sticking it to choir boys, using your position of other worldly superiority to bully the kids into keeping quiet.

But the biggest contrast I see with Stewart/Colbert, is that they never actually come out and tell you what to think - probably why I find Bill Maher less funny too.

LMNO

One of the things I miss about college was the rise of the Pink Panthers -- a group of gay guys who would go around looking to bash the gay bashers.

It didn't really solve any of the underlying issues, but it was quite funny to witness a pack of assholes get pummeled by dudes in sequined berets.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: FP on December 07, 2009, 05:43:48 PM
So classy the way he starts lisping and switching to effeminate mannerisms as a way to parody all people who believe in promoting non-violent methods of conflict resolution. Because, you know, it is so cowardly to come out and be open with your sexuality and all the societal shit you take as a result -- and it is incredibly strong and brave to pretend to uphold a religion by donning a robe and sticking it to choir boys, using your position of other worldly superiority to bully the kids into keeping quiet.

But the biggest contrast I see with Stewart/Colbert, is that they never actually come out and tell you what to think - probably why I find Bill Maher less funny too.

Colbert always "tells you what to think"... in some sense ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Quote from: FP on December 07, 2009, 05:43:48 PMBut the biggest contrast I see with Stewart/Colbert, is that they never actually come out and tell you what to think - probably why I find Bill Maher less funny too.

Exactly.  It's not enough for this guy to say "hey, look, the libtards are WRONG", he has to show you why his pack of monkeys are right.

And that is why it descends into an ideological screed.  Preaching is never really that funny.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 07, 2009, 05:57:42 PM
Quote from: FP on December 07, 2009, 05:43:48 PMBut the biggest contrast I see with Stewart/Colbert, is that they never actually come out and tell you what to think - probably why I find Bill Maher less funny too.

Exactly.  It's not enough for this guy to say "hey, look, the libtards are WRONG", he has to show you why his pack of monkeys are right.

And that is why it descends into an ideological screed.  Preaching is never really that funny.

Except when Pat Robertson or Robert Tilton do it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

Are those fuckers still alive?

ATTN GOD: Lightning time.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 07, 2009, 06:00:47 PM
Are those fuckers still alive?

ATTN GOD: Lightning time.

Oh, yeah.

Tilton is on BET, of all places, after his meltdown, and Pat Robertson is still on the 700 Club.

AFK

And when Pat kicks the bucket he has his son to take his place, who's the spitting image, right down to the hair.  The gift that keeps on giving. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2009, 06:20:41 PM
And when Pat kicks the bucket he has his son to take his place, who's the spitting image, right down to the hair.  The gift that keeps on giving. 

Won't be the same.   :sad: