News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Wow. Oh, I... Wow. Um...

Started by LMNO, December 07, 2009, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

It appears that there is a greater than average chance that I will become a father.

Ask me anything.

Elder Iptuous

usually the pee sticks are Boolean in nature....
:?

AFK

Did you try to outsmart the calendar too? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

LMNO

Quote from: Iptuous on December 07, 2009, 01:47:09 PM
usually the pee sticks are Boolean in nature....
:?

Haven't been to the Doctor's yet... I'm not above Eris trying to fuck with me and providing a false positive.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 07, 2009, 01:49:54 PM
Did you try to outsmart the calendar too?  

No, we decided that instead of "trying to have" kids, we'd "stop trying not to" have them.  It came as some surprise that one of us wasn't sterile, considering our histories.

Quote from: Jenne on December 07, 2009, 01:53:25 PM
Congrats?

That seems to be the big question.  One of the odder things about this is the puzzled looks we gave each other when we found out; neither "Oh, shit!", nor "Yippee!"  We've been trying to figure out if we really want to go through with it... But I think we are gonna do it.

Jenne

...sounds like you figured out in your heads that eventually it might happen so you're not terribly shocked, but the mental preparation of the thing is still missing.  Enormous step, but inevitable.

I think I'll change my answer to:  congrats, AlphaDad.  ;)

LMNO

Of course, now we have to:

-Stop drinking
-Remodel the attic
-Start a college fund
-Change the focus of our entire lives for 18+years.

The Good Reverend Roger

Welcome to the land of never being able to stop worrying again.

:)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 02:07:20 PM

-Stop drinking
-Remodel the attic
-Start a college fund

You're going to have to learn to share too. 
Unless of course, you go right to formula.   :wink:

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 02:07:20 PM

-Stop drinking
-Remodel the attic
-Start a college fund

Why do you have to stop drinking?  I mean, sure, best not to be a raging drunk around your kids, but you don't have to teetotal either.  I don't know about the remodeling--I'm assuming to make room?  The rest, yeah, that's pretty spot on.

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on December 07, 2009, 02:15:35 PM
Why do you have to stop drinking?  I mean, sure, best not to be a raging drunk around your kids, but you don't have to teetotal either.  I don't know about the remodeling--I'm assuming to make room?  The rest, yeah, that's pretty spot on.

I should have qualified "for the next nine months".  It would be totally unfair of me to keep boozing it up while Mrs LMNO is on the wagon.  And by "unfair", I mean "she would punch me in the junk."

And yeah, we have just enough room in the house right now for the two of us.  It would be cheaper to remodel the attic than to find a new place to live.

Also, I should point out that we're not even through the first month yet.  Right now, it's no more than a handful of cells-- I might be posting something a bit more meloncholy in the future.

bones

:eek:  PQRS!?

Can train it to do your evil bidding in no time. My sister's kid is about 14 months old: she been teaching him sign language and he knows about 20 or 30 words, including "Uncle Bonesy" (He signs it to me every time I see him on skype). Also he's tiny. Babies are hilariously tiny! Pretty much a win/win. Have fun!

Discordia: If we could out-breed Islam + Christianity the world would become intolerably awesome. GIT MEKKIN BEHBEHS!

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 02:23:30 PM
Also, I should point out that we're not even through the first month yet.  Right now, it's no more than a handful of cells-- I might be posting something a bit more meloncholy in the future.

Standard procedure: don't tell people (except your family, and like, discordians and whatnot) til 3 months. I'm sure everything will be fine. Wishing you all the best!

oh, and:
:mittens: he shoots, he scores!
filmmusic

LMNO

It's gonna be pretty damn obvious to all our friends when we see them and say, "oh, we're not drinking right now."

There's no good cover story for that when you consider the fact that our current social habits revolve around bars, nightclubs, and restaraunts.

AFK

"Sorry guys, we have to postpone de-liver-y for a Special Delivery." 

Or not.