News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 26, 2011, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 26, 2011, 12:12:17 PM
Alan Keyes, three-time GoP candidate for president, stated on the WorldNutDaily website that "granting homosexuals the right to marry is like granting plantation owners the right to own slaves."

I shit you not.  I waded through birther central to verify.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=267813

I like this quote: 
QuoteGovernment doesn't endow people with the ability to procreate the species. The Creator takes care of that. Like all unalienable rights, those associated with the natural family exist in consequence of this endowment. A couple that cannot, by nature, procreate has no claim to those rights.

I wonder if he realizes that what he just uttered would also, technically, apply to a straight couple where one or both of them cannot conceive or contribute to a conception. 

My usual response to that line of argument is, "My mom's talking about remarrying.  I assure you, she will not be bearing any more children.  YOU want to tell her she can't?  Go ahead.  I'll watch.  From a safe distance.  With popcorn."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Alan Keyes, three-time GoP candidate for president, stated on the WorldNutDaily website that "granting homosexuals the right to marry is like granting plantation owners the right to own slaves."

Wat

Even for Keyes, that's nutty.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 26, 2011, 03:57:35 PM

I like this quote: 
QuoteGovernment doesn't endow people with the ability to procreate the species. The Creator takes care of that. Like all unalienable rights, those associated with the natural family exist in consequence of this endowment. A couple that cannot, by nature, procreate has no claim to those rights.

I wonder if he realizes that what he just uttered would also, technically, apply to a straight couple where one or both of them cannot conceive or contribute to a conception. 
I think that's what he meant by the "by nature" part, his way of trying to make that statement not apply to infertile straight couples.   :?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

QuoteSharon Omand, a community health care center manager and resident of Stafford, New Hampshire, called her state senator Martin Harty (R) recently to request more funding for community mental health programs and for the homeless. Omand was shocked by Harty's response. The state senator told her "the world is too populated" and that there are too many "defective people." When Omand asked what should be done with these "defective people" that are mentally ill, Harty suggested sending them to Siberia, something that he said Hitler was "right" to do

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/11/gop-senator-siberia/

Fuck.  And this is the sort of person elected to be in charge of shit.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

What's sad is that he probably thought he was being a great leader and chummy with this lady.  Instead he comes off, well, as he comes off, and is yet another testament to the lousy job we do of educating people in the US.  Motherfucker.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteMANCHESTER, N.H.: Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann's suggestion Saturday that the Revolutionary War began in Concord, N.H., rather than Lexington and Concord, Mass., marks the third time in recent months that the potential GOP presidential hopeful has committed a puzzling gaffe about history and current affairs. Making her first trek to New Hampshire as a 2012 prospect, Bachmann told a GOP crowd in Manchester: "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world at Lexington and Concord."

The Revolutionary War began, not in New Hampshire's capital, but in the famous two towns more than 50 miles away in Massachusetts. For Bachmann, who leads the House Tea Party caucus and champions a return to the Constitution, to get such basic facts wrong about the country's birth is revealing. Her comment wasn't just an off-hand reference that she inserted in her remarks. At a fundraiser Friday night on the New Hampshire Seacoast, Bachmann said almost the exact same thing, according to the Minnesota Post.

"It's your state that fired the shot that was heard around the world, you are the state of Lexington and Concord, you started the battle for liberty right here in your backyard," Bachmann said. Bachmann's geographic mix-up prompted derision among some New Hampshire Republicans. "Is she on her way to Lexington, N.H., now?" cracked Matt Suermann, who blogs for RedHampshire, in response to somebody who posted on Twitter that Bachmann had left the building.

Told of the congresswoman's line, another prominent New Hampshire Republican asked: "Seriously, the real question is whether she knows she (got it wrong), I suspect not."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51179.html#ixzz1GTF0ydlb

:lulz:

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2011, 04:13:29 PM
QuoteMANCHESTER, N.H.: Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann's suggestion Saturday that the Revolutionary War began in Concord, N.H., rather than Lexington and Concord, Mass., marks the third time in recent months that the potential GOP presidential hopeful has committed a puzzling gaffe about history and current affairs. Making her first trek to New Hampshire as a 2012 prospect, Bachmann told a GOP crowd in Manchester: "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world at Lexington and Concord."

The Revolutionary War began, not in New Hampshire's capital, but in the famous two towns more than 50 miles away in Massachusetts. For Bachmann, who leads the House Tea Party caucus and champions a return to the Constitution, to get such basic facts wrong about the country's birth is revealing. Her comment wasn't just an off-hand reference that she inserted in her remarks. At a fundraiser Friday night on the New Hampshire Seacoast, Bachmann said almost the exact same thing, according to the Minnesota Post.

"It's your state that fired the shot that was heard around the world, you are the state of Lexington and Concord, you started the battle for liberty right here in your backyard," Bachmann said. Bachmann's geographic mix-up prompted derision among some New Hampshire Republicans. "Is she on her way to Lexington, N.H., now?" cracked Matt Suermann, who blogs for RedHampshire, in response to somebody who posted on Twitter that Bachmann had left the building.

Told of the congresswoman's line, another prominent New Hampshire Republican asked: "Seriously, the real question is whether she knows she (got it wrong), I suspect not."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51179.html#ixzz1GTF0ydlb

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Luna

Quote from: Luna on March 11, 2011, 04:46:53 PM
QuoteSharon Omand, a community health care center manager and resident of Stafford, New Hampshire, called her state senator Martin Harty (R) recently to request more funding for community mental health programs and for the homeless. Omand was shocked by Harty's response. The state senator told her "the world is too populated" and that there are too many "defective people." When Omand asked what should be done with these "defective people" that are mentally ill, Harty suggested sending them to Siberia, something that he said Hitler was "right" to do

Update.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/martin-harty-resigns-in-w_n_835671.html

Harty has resigned his office. 

Jenne

Quote from: Luna on March 15, 2011, 03:37:45 PM
Quote from: Luna on March 11, 2011, 04:46:53 PM
QuoteSharon Omand, a community health care center manager and resident of Stafford, New Hampshire, called her state senator Martin Harty (R) recently to request more funding for community mental health programs and for the homeless. Omand was shocked by Harty’s response. The state senator told her “the world is too populated” and that there are too many “defective people.” When Omand asked what should be done with these “defective people” that are mentally ill, Harty suggested sending them to Siberia, something that he said Hitler was “right” to do

Update.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/martin-harty-resigns-in-w_n_835671.html

Harty has resigned his office. 

Haha--from the article:

QuoteA 91-year-old freshman lawmaker who suggested the mentally disabled should be shipped to Siberia resigned Monday from the state House and said he was sorry that his "big mouth caused this furor."

Luna

QuoteRick Santorum told about 50 members of the group Catholic Citizenship that he was "frankly appalled" that America's first Catholic president, John F. Kennedy, once said "I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute."

"That was a radical statement," Santorum said, and did "great damage."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/santorum-kennedy-was-radical-for-believing-in-church-vs-state.php

Erm...  Yeah.

Cain

No, this is a radical statement that did great damage...TO MY EYEBALLS

Phox

Quote from: Cain on March 17, 2011, 01:43:09 PM
No, this is a radical statement that did great damage...TO MY EYEBALLS

Awesome. TO THE MAX!